93 Sol Si d16z6 turbo build w/ Lots of Pics

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
Injectors showed up today as well as -6AN push loc and -6AN banjo fitting. Built fuel line. Have to get new O-Rings and mod injectors slightly to get them to fit in the fuel rail. Add said they fit rail just fine. Thats not the case at all. But hey at least I finally got them. Only thing left motor wise is my turbo mani.

emerican

Registered VIP
How much do they have to be modded to fit in the rail?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
may i suggest porting the intake plenum opening slightly more than the size of the throttle bodys. its a sort of anti reversion setup.

also, you should port match the intake runners to the gasket too, since you have the time and tools.

nice build though man!

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
The top of them right under the O-ring has to be shaved down prob 1mm or less to fit properly. Then I have to get new O-rings for it. They are also longer than stock but I have 3 diff sizes of thicker spacers for the fuel rail. I know one of them will work. Worst comes to worst will have to put in new studs for the longer spacers. But once the injectors are shaved down and slide up in the rail I think It might work with stock spacers.

I did slightly over bore the intake mani from the tb. I started to port the mani to head area but I decided it wasnt worth it to me cause as soon as I have the money I am goin to go aftermarket mani anyways.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool, just figured i would throw some info your way.
what tuning software are you going to run?

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
Got my injectors machined down to fit my rail nice and tight now I just need a set of EV6 injector pig tails and a new set of honda injector o-rings.

Crome with Moates Ostrich 2.0 and Moates Extreme Hulog. I might end up goin with Crome Pro not sure yet. Just to get it goin and a street tune prob just Crome then when it goes to get Dyno tuned jump up to Pro.

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
I am other than minor set backs. Have to fig something out with the oil drain. Either get very creative or run a pump. I was goin to go INT WG but the flapper arm and actuator where hitting the block. Luckily when the guys dad sent the mani he forgot to take the WG off so I am goin to buy it from him too.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am other than minor set backs. Have to fig something out with the oil drain. Either get very creative or run a pump. I was goin to go INT WG but the flapper arm and actuator where hitting the block. Luckily when the guys dad sent the mani he forgot to take the WG off so I am goin to buy it from him too.
couldnt you just rotate the WG 180* and make the dump tube an upsidown J shape...

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
Thanks everyone.

Im not having a prob with the EXT gate. I was having a prob with the INT gate. I am forced to go EXT WG.

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
I cant either. I was originally goin to tune with Crome but now I am thinking about Neptune not sure.

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the engine is looking sweet. Almost hate to drop it in and get it dirty.

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
I know what you mean. Me and a buddy are in the process of opening a performance shop in the next month to 2. We may just have to do a build on one just to have sit in the show room. Even if its just a empty block and stuff.

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
Now its time to start thinking about brakes. Right now mine has the 9.5" rotors on it. With my HP goals of ~350whp and maybe some auto x it is time for better brakes. I plan on going with either the 15/16" or the 1" MC. I also want to keep my HX's. Will I get enough stopping power upgrading to slotted rotors and EBC pads or do I need to upgrade to 10" rotors. Also what calipers can I upgrade to if I dont change rotors?