93 with B16a3 needs more power

hnda_cvc93

Just go my first civic. It's a 93 dx with b16a3 swap. Looking to see what the best option would be. I hav about 400 and need a boost in power. went to the strip this weekend was running 15.86 was the bes 1/4 run. ANY IDEAS? i was thinking headers.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
welcome to the site man, post up some pics of your car to help people out

eg6white305

OP what was you 60 ft time and qrtr mile speed. 15.8 at what mph. A wet 60 shot nitrous kit would wake that b16 up.

Del sol-R

5+ Year Member
Drop some CTR camshafts and that will make a big difference. Start with the bolt ons and work your way up or simply go nitrous.

ike1254

5+ Year Member
headers is a start but make sure you have a full exhaust to run those headers. you can chip it like i did but dont get those ebay 50 dollar ones. i have one that was 450 bucks and had my redline at 8.5 and added 27 horses. beats most b18c1

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nitrous is about all i can say.. will be tough to get some ITR/CTR cams for 400, and a chip is only good with supporting mods..

you can get a used nitrous kit complete for about 400.. might not have a purge or bottle warmer but it'll get teh job done

hnda_cvc93

thanks for all the info it was a 15.86 at 93 mph dont know the 60ft time dont know what i did with the time slip. how cheap do yall think i could get a hondata ecu and turbo kit. i know would need bigger injectors, fuel pump and to get it tuned.

JDeg6

For 400 dollars......hmmmm....
sounds about like all you could afford is an intake n headers....
i'd save up and GO BIG!!!!......boost that is...