94 boosted civic: Worth buying?

LexDarkholder7

5+ Year Member
Hey all, looking for some Honda advice. I'm thinking about buying this EG and want to know if it all sound good. I haven't owned anything turbocharged before. I'm usually a RWD guy at that, lol. But my second gen RX-7s got to go soon. So here are the specs he sent me via email. I'm due to see the care soon.

(copied and pasted, excuse type-o's)
turbo
turbo-godspeed t3 .42/.48
alluminum piping
t-clamped cylicone coublers
dsm 450cc injectors
arp head studs
custom log manifold (made by danny at madd mods)
stealthmode oil lines with resister(crucial in the life of a turbo b/c
of honda's high oil preasuree)
apexi turbo timer (keeps the car running after u pull out the key to
cool down the oil in the turbo)
boost gauge and a non working narrowbang 02,
i havent reconnected the o2 b/c i have plx m-300 wideband 02 deisplay
the car is tuned with CROME on a chipped p06 ecu
proper catch can setup
2.5 inch downpipe to a 3inch exhaust to a summit turbo muffler (sounds
great and non ricey)
------
dropzone adj. coilovers, they handle good and ride as good as anything
does that low.
rota gt3's with 15/195 hankooks
si sidemolding
red seats/redcarpet
8in bazzooka bass tube
jvc head unit
kenwood components in the doors
sony 6x9's in boxes powered by a pioneer 200w amp next to the bass tube
the speakers are top of the line kenwood and sony
--------
it handles well i put a progress
22mm rear sway and it got rid of that nasty understeer hondas have

I'm offering him $4500 he asked $5200, but I think he'll take my offer.

Thanks all!

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im a firm believer of built not bought
enough said

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You never know what is already wrong with it. Buying a car that has already been boosted can be great, but you could also end up crying when it blows the motor in a week. If you do get it get rid of that eBay quality turbo and get something worth a damn. GL man whatever your decision is just be careful.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of motor does it have?

Think about this ;) He obviously spent some money putting that thing together (unless he bought it like that) so why would he he want to sell it and losse money?

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope I wouldn't get it. I would continue your search. If your really interested in boost then I would recommend getting a chasis with a B16 or B18 swap in it. That way you can have some power until your boost fund is ready, and then you can make some nasty power. JMO I don't really mess with SOHC motors that much, but I've heard good things about them with FI if your not trying to go over 300hp.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDM d15b vtec motor
The car looks clean from the pic but I read the description again it it doesn't seem like he has that much $$$ into it and it has broken parts. I think if you could get that for $3500 that would be a good deal imo.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah..its not worth 4500 for sure.

I looked through the list and i'm not sure if he listed what he tuned it with..?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah..its not worth 4500 for sure.

I looked through the list and i'm not sure if he listed what he tuned it with..?
I'm guessing he street tuned it because it says that he still has the wide band connected.

Sounds like this foO is just trying to make a buck if you ask me but then again, who isn't? :lol: and those stealth mode oil lines that are, "crucial in the life of a turbo b/c of honda's high oil preasuree" is a crock of s**t too.

lastaztec

5+ Year Member
i wouldnt my friend bought a car that was boosted and it blew 3 days later..it looks nice tho

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
: and those stealth mode oil lines that are, "crucial in the life of a turbo b/c of honda's high oil preasuree" is a crock of s**t too.
He wasn't talking about the lines, he was talking about the restriction plate. Honda's run at a much higher pressure than your average turbo, and this can lead to seals blowing out faster than they would if you had one.

I wouldn't buy it. Godspeed turbos have a pretty shotty rep and they look like they are straight from an ebay add. There isn't that much money into that setup.

LexDarkholder7

5+ Year Member
I'm kinda stressed trying to decide if this is a good perchuse or not. I don't really have the equipment to be able to do alot of engine work myself. If I can get him to sign a noterized warrantee that the engines not going to blow, it could be a fun car to start with. Plan for an engine swap to something DOHC like a B16. Is there much of a difference between the D15b and a DOHC engine??

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm kinda stressed trying to decide if this is a good perchuse or not. I don't really have the equipment to be able to do alot of engine work myself. If I can get him to sign a noterized warrantee that the engines not going to blow, it could be a fun car to start with. Plan for an engine swap to something DOHC like a B16. Is there much of a difference between the D15b and a DOHC engine??
The 5th gen si come with a d16 motor not a d15b and yes, there's a bit of difference.

shocker991_98EK

5+ Year Member
im assuming a D-series motor. how old is the person selling the car???? if he is a teen walk no wait RUN away and build your own

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt buy someone elses work. pay 4500 for a clean lady driven car like i did