94 civic won't start: electrical problem

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so I have 94 civic si coupe, and it wont start. The battery is fine, all the fuses are good, and I'm kinda lost. I'm beginning to become a mechanic, but haven't touched down on electrical much yet so i don't know what to look for. I've tested my battery and its good. Nothing lights up when i turn the key on, nothing electrical works whatsoever; no horn, interior lights, alarm, anything. The car started and worked fine about a week ago then when I went to start it today nothing worked. :what:

nyjprice

5+ Year Member
Maby alternator but the battery fine but I would start there if I was u

RonJ

Banned
Do the headlights work? If so, check the ignition switch:

RonJ

Banned
Check the battery ground wire connection in the engine and that the battery connectors are clean and tight. Double check 80A fuse 41 under the hood.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check the battery ground wire connection in the engine and that the battery connectors are clean and tight. Double check 80A fuse 41 under the hood.
i replaced my battery terminals, cleaned my poles on my battery, and re-stripped my ground wire, negative, and positive connectors, cleaned it all off. And it worked. The funny thing is, there was no corrosion, i guess just bad connections.

Thanks for your help Ron! =)