94 DX J swap

GiffyStyle

So if you have read my other thread you know I'm drawing up plans for a J swap in my 94 DX coupe. I have been shopping around for engines and so far i think ill get the best bang for my buck with the J35A4. I have been finding them for about $600-$800 USD. Thats not a bad price for 240hp and 242 ft·lbf. I have yet to find a tranny for it though. What do you guys think?

Deadswitch

TOO MUCH TIME AND MONEY to do this swap....if u are looking for the best bang for the least amount of money do a d16z6 or if u want more do the b18c1....if memory serves me right J swap is ALOT of bullshit to do....shift linkage, mounts, wiring blah blah blah.....d16z6 and b18c1 are drop ins...just my 2 cents

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
d16z6 and b18c1 are not drop ins by the way.
you need to wire vtec on the z6
a b18c1 needs mounts, axels,ecu, linkage, tranny,wired for vtec etc etc

OP if you want to do a jswap knock yourself out. they do make alot of horsepower and tourque.
i heard they are a b***h but it can be done.
dont let people change your mind about what you want to do to your car.
in the end if this swap turns out great you will be proud as s**t
if it doesnt turn out so great you will learn from your mistake and the next one will go better

good luck either way

GiffyStyle

d16z6 and b18c1 are not drop ins by the way.
you need to wire vtec on the z6
a b18c1 needs mounts, axels,ecu, linkage, tranny,wired for vtec etc etc

OP if you want to do a jswap knock yourself out. they do make alot of horsepower and tourque.
i heard they are a b***h but it can be done.
dont let people change your mind about what you want to do to your car.
in the end if this swap turns out great you will be proud as s**t
if it doesnt turn out so great you will learn from your mistake and the next one will go better

good luck either way
Oh yeah im doing it for sure, and for people who think its a bad idea, just wait untill its done. ;) I was just seeing if anyone had any thoughts about which J series i should choose. So far im pretty sold on the J35A4

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
x2
Do the J Swap if you can find all the parts. Just be careful when it comes to the install. You'll have to wire everything manually. So I hope you're really, really good with electrical. Good luck.

L.D.Forget

something you might want to consider if this gets over your head is a h22a swap. Almost the same hp, still a honda torque monster, but its a 4 banger and a tried and true swap.

GiffyStyle

something you might want to consider if this gets over your head is a h22a swap. Almost the same hp, still a honda torque monster, but its a 4 banger and a tried and true swap.
Will do. Hopefully everything goes ok with the J though. I love a challenge

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One thing that I remembered is some of the Js run in limp if you don't run it with it's ecu. Don't know about the one you're wanting. Goodluck man