94 EX: Need more speed on limited budget

weezer_120

hi out there. im a noob to civics and was just wondering what i could do to my 94 civic ex to make it faster (other than buying a turbo kit). right now funds are a bit limited but i was looking for mostly cheaper ideas..cheaper than a turbo kit that is. any suggestions are much appreciated. =)

mikedeasyidk

5+ Year Member
Go get your moms hair dryer and tape it to your intake manifold. Bam. Turbo'd.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You won't really wake up your engine unless you get a turbo. You can look into mini-me or an LS motor swap on the "cheap" side. :what:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A mini-me for now, later a B-series...

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sell your civic and get a v8 rear wheel drive car

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Sorry, but on average, you pay about $50 per HP. Unless you go turbo.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

weezer_120

thanx for all the suggestions guys. another question...she has been sputtering lately. i changed the fuel filter and was hoping that would do the trick. but after changing it, no change in the sputtering. spark plugs look good too. any other ideas on wat the prob could be?

RonJ

Banned
thanx for all the suggestions guys. another question...she has been sputtering lately. i changed the fuel filter and was hoping that would do the trick. but after changing it, no change in the sputtering. spark plugs look good too. any other ideas on wat the prob could be?
Any CEL codes?

How old are the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor?

weezer_120

ok ima noob at reading the cel codes. but the code is lslllllsls (l being long and s being short) but i couldnt tell where the pauses were. my best translation of the pauses made the code like this ls llllls ls. which didnt make sense....ugh...help :/

RonJ

Banned
ok ima noob at reading the cel codes. but the code is lslllllsls (l being long and s being short) but i couldnt tell where the pauses were. my best translation of the pauses made the code like this ls llllls ls. which didnt make sense....ugh...help :/
Post a video.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my guess would be

11 ECM
10 Intake air temperature sensor
41 Heated oxygen sensor heater

but if that was the case you would have many more problems lol

but yeah. vid would be best.

CIVICLILY

5+ Year Member
replace all spark cables and check the dizzy, if its "sputtering" like a judger it could be a miss-fire?

weezer_120

so it turns out it was the spark plug wires. got new ones and now she runs like a beauty. thanx for the help though.