94 hatch loss of power after a few mins

Dissentient

i have a 94 civic hatch d15b7 i recently changed the head gasket on (did not change intake, exhaust, or valve cover gasket). when it is cold it takes around 30 seconds of cranking to get it to start then it wants to die unless you keep tapping on the throttle. after i get it to idle by itself car will idle till it is out of feul . the real problem sterts after i start to drive the car. around 5 mins into driving the car starts to stumble or miss and the check engine light comes on. if you only press the throttle down about a half an inch it seems fine but after that half inch it wants to miss. if i shut the car off then start it again it runs like crap for a few more seconds then goes back to normal. the miss comes back but varies in time ( meaning when it returns could be 5 to 20 mins later ) the second and subsiquent times. if i just keep driving the car the problem goes away after 1 to 2 mins driving like crap. ive changed the coil, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, O2 sensor,feul filter,PCV valve (all new) and put a used IAC valve on (mainly cause mine was making a terrible humming noise) and a used feul pressure regulator on. i dont think there are any vaccuum leaks.

94 civic hatch d15b7 auto tranns

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
double check all connectors, vacume line, sensors also double check your cam timeing. sense you had the head off.

thats about all i can think of.