94 Honda Civic Dx Swap to b18c Type R need help!!

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
94 Honda Civic Dx Swap to b18c Type R need help!! I currently have a stock Honda Civic Dx 1.5L Engine and manual transmision. I want to upgrade to a B18C Type R and the package I am getting is this package:

THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:

ENGINE BLOCK
5 SPEED LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL TRANSMISSION
INTAKE MANIFOLD
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
DOWN PIPE
FUEL RAIL
THROTTLE BODY
VTEC SOLENOID
DISTRIBUTOR
ALTERNATOR
STARTER
AC COMPRESSOR
POWER STEERING PUMP
INJECTORS
SPARK PLUGS
OIL PAN
VALVE COVER
USED MID SHAFT
ECU
WIRE HARNESSES
STOCK SENSORS

So with all of this stuff what else would I need to do to make it fit right? Will I have to do any special wiring? Any engine mount changes? Or will it fit in pretty easily? Also what is the difference between the B18C Type R 96-97 and 98+. Thank you!!

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
well it sounds like u have mostly everything to do the whole swap... correct me if im wrong anyone... ur gonna need new motor mounts either avid or hasport and it doesnt say whether it comes with axles or not so ur gonnna need those too..... and that is a obd2 motor and urs is a obd1 motor so your going to need jumper wires and such to get the motor and everything running correctly

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
He means an OBD Conversion Kit for and OBDII-OBDI. Also, I agree with getting the Axles seeing as it says that it only comes with Mid-Shaft. Also, you will need Del Sol Cooling and AC parts if you are going to have A/C. Either way, you will need the Del Sol Hoses.

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
Ok so I need mounts, axels and cv joints, and OBD2 To OBD1 wiring conversion kit.

Why do I need: Also, you will need Del Sol Cooling and AC parts if you are going to have A/C. Either way, you will need the Del Sol Hoses.

Do you mean Integra AC Parts?

Thank you!

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Your Civic uses a half-size radiator. The Integra utilizes a full-size radiator that spans the entire front of the radiator support. Although, the Upper Inlet and Lower Outlet are in pretty much identical spots, from what other people are saying, the B-Series hoses are a couple millimeters larger than a D-Series, so to ease fitment Del Sol B-Series Hoses are recommended, but you can get away with using the Teg ones. (I've always used the Del Sol Hoses). Also, since the B-Series is a bigger engine the mounting bracket for a Del Sol is needed if you want to keep the AC Condenser. Civics have Half-Size Radiators and Half-Size AC Condensers where the Radiator is on the Passenger Side of the Radiator Support and the AC Condenser is on the Driver's Side. Intregras Have Full-Size Radiators and Full-Size AC Condensers, where the AC Condenser is located in front of the Radiator. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong or if it can be done differently. But this is how I've done the swap.

Also, I'd go with Performance Axles... Nothing is worse than having your tripod snap off, believe me.

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
Ok now im considering getting a H22A Type S package that includes:

LIST OF PARTS INCLUDED:
Complete Engine
- Cylinder Head
- Intake Manifold
- Cylinder Block
- Sensors
- Exhaust Manifold 4 in 1 headers
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Throttle Body
- Alternator
- Ignition Wires
- Pulleys
- Valve cover
- Oil Pan

• Intermediate shaft

•5 Speed Manual LSD Hydraulic Transmission

• Computer(ECU)

Is this going to be pretty easy to install? Will this match up the same as the other? Thank you!!

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Lol, man. Make up your MIND! :D You still need the same stuff as before, just specific for the H22A Swap. Just think of an H22 as a big B-Series. And it will be about as easy as swapping a B-Series. Oh, and don't forget the shift linkage.

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
So it should fit the same? Nothing really difficult to deal with? Nothing too long or too short or any clearance issues?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
It should fit the same, you'll need to do a couple of things to the drivetrain to make it fit plus modifying your shift linkage tunnel to fit for the H22 shift linkage. Besides stuff like that, you will most likely have to wire the ECU Harness by hand. Here's a link to a FAQ thread on H22 into EG/EK chassis.

H22 into EG/EK Chassis

This should help out a lot. Besides all this hassle, it will be pretty straight forward. In my opinion, B-Series is a little easier; less wiring headaches.

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
So if I understand this correctly the B18C type R is simply putting the engine in, hooking up all the parts that come in the kit, and mounts, axels, and shift linkage. Then I just simply plug in the OBD2 To OBD1 wiring conversion kit. Then I have to buy hoses for a Del Sol to make the AC and Radiator work right. Is it that easy though theres nothing complicatd with the B18C? No special fabrication of any part or any thing like that?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Sorry, it took so long for me to reply. I've been getting ready to go to Fort Irwin. Now I'm here, so yes, the B18C5 out of a Type R is just as easy as swapping any other B-Series aside from the OBD Conversion. Oh, you'll need the Del Sol AC Condenser Bracket also.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry, it took so long for me to reply. I've been getting ready to go to Fort Irwin. Now I'm here, so yes, the B18C5 out of a Type R is just as easy as swapping any other B-Series aside from the OBD Conversion. Oh, you'll need the Del Sol AC Condenser Bracket also.
Even if he removes the AC all together? I don't recall seeing that he said he wanted/didn't want it so just checking.

My buddy has a type R coupe and I might be trading my GSR coupe for a H22a! Whichever you do will be sick

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Well, I saw that he had an AC Compressor with the engine. Figured, he'd figure out if he wanted the AC parts.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the b series would be an easier swap for u...

sounds like u have it pretty well covered 2nr

drummer4261900

5+ Year Member
Prooud new owner!!

The picture says it all!!
So how much do you think this 450hp 30psi monster was?

Engine Information

JDM H22A DOHC VTEC Complete Engine
5-Speed Manual Overdrive Transmission
CP 2.3L Overbore Forged 9.0:1 Pistons & New Piston Rings
Knifebladed, micropolished & balanced Crankshaft
Crower H-Beam Connecting Rods
ARP L-19 Rod Bolts
ARP L-2000 Cylinder Head Studs
Cometic 1.2mm Triple Layer Metal Headgasket
Ported & Polished Cylinder Head
Type S Camshafts
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fidanza 12lbs Flywheel
Clutchmasters Step 2 Sprung Clutch (Good to 425 ft.lbs torque)
Custom Top-Mounted Turbo Tubular Exhaust Header
Garrett T04E Turbo (A/R 0.60) Rated for 30 PSI Boost
TurboSmart 40mm External Wastegate
Precision 780cc Fuel Injectors With Resistor Pack
ACL Race Bearings for Connecting Rods & Crankshaft Bearing Caps
All new piston rings, engine gaskets & seals

Pretty nice right!

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Did it come with High Performance Blinker Fluid and HP Muffler Bearing Rods? If not, send it to me. I'll send you my D16Z6 in exchange.