94 honda civic hatchback HELP!!!!!!@@

sparta531

5+ Year Member
Hi just got the car a few months back, all red dropped honda civic hatch, 94. Well got a friend with a engine off a 2003 honda accord, it's a V6 with manuel trans, told me for a G that he would throw it into the car. Of course that includes the price of the engine, trans and install. He told me i was going to need some type of wiring harness or ECU? Just wondering where i could find it, and how much it would cost?? BTW he has everything needed to hook it up to the car, except for that. Thanks and hope some one can help me anwser these questions.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're doing a J30 into eg swap for 1k? I doubt that very much. The mounts alone are $500.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd rather stick in a D15B.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
long story short, you won't do it. cost waaaay more than a grand to do it.

END THREAD!!

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mm..someone lied to you holmes........lots of work to be done, did one back in 02' as a favor= huge pain in my balls......and your harness wont connect, youll have to build one from the two harnesses.......
making harnesses 200+
mounts-Hope you "know a machine shop"
axels-bring on the K.Y.
--------------------------
watching your build go down the drain-PRICELESS

sparta531

5+ Year Member
lol

wow troll spray for asking a question??? Damn didn't expect that, anyway thanks for the real answers and not the dumb first one i recieved. Not trying to prove anything just saying what i got and what am working with. If it can't work then ill stop it before i do anything dumb. Thats why am here, to ask questions.
So u guys are telling me there is no way this is happening?? The guy selling the engine is a friend, he has the mounts, axles and everything, from what he says. What are going to be some of the problems in putting everything in??? Car has a brand new 4000 dollar paint job and am not about to get this thing all messed up for an engine i can't even put in the car.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude your friend is trying to screw you outta money. the stock mounts will not bolt up (as far as I know, I don't think anyone makes them), the axles (length and ends) will not work, harness will not work (you would have to build one), engine and trans will fit but its going to be a tight squeeze and you'll probably have to rearrange component location under the hood, and so on.....

see where we are going with this. were not saying it cant, were saying for 1k it cant. main reason, the motor and everything your friend is selling you wasn't in an eg to begin with, see our point.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is possible. but there is always additional parts you are going to have to buy. I believe hasport came out with a 2nd gen version of their J swap mounts that allow the hood to be closed (when J swaps first started happening you had to cut a hole in your hood), but there is always the worry of oil pan - ground clearance. Im no expert, but I a local shop called tri tech motorsports here in phx has a J30 powered EG hatch, try giving them a call for more info.

sparta531

5+ Year Member
Yea got your point, i know he is not trying to screw me, he just thinks he can do it. Now the thing is he told me 1500 for both, then i got him down to 1000 for the engine and install. since he needs the money, and i told him id give him my engine and trans so he can sell. He told me i don't have to pay till after it's done, he even said i could make payments. I would really like this to work, is there any place i could go to get custom axles? or custom harness?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe contact Chase Bays for a custom harness.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lets start with why you would want that engine in your car.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Past what? It sounds to me your friend offered to hack up your car to install some junked motor for dirt cheap, prob because he needs to maintain some drug habit. Are you familiar at all with this setup?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see this was my thought, just not the whole drug thing added to it. I've seen this kind of stuff over and over again, and every time it always ends in either a massive failure, costing you a butt load of money to fix or friends not being friends because of law suits. all im saying is you better get some kind of contract drafted up and signed by the both of you. not only stating that he will do this for that price, but also if something fails because it wasn't done right he would be held liable for damages, and so on. this will protect your ass hardcore. no matter the state, if two people sign a piece of paper, no matter what its written on, its a binding legal document. also why we are asking why you want to do this is simple. your going to have massive understeer, it won't handle very well, be good for straight line shots but that's bout it. doing this swap is probably something you should seriously sit and think on. better yet, pass on doing it, or have an actual shop do this kind of swap. you might think your friend is capable of doing this, but I highly doubt it. everyone thinks there friends are god when they got tools in their hands and can do anything, no offence. but it just sounds shady as hell to me.

mugenkid91

iScrape iRage iHonda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i was u bro i would listen to what these guys are saying. alot of them really know their s**t about cars. just to put that out there

keebs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Past what? It sounds to me your friend offered to hack up your car to install some junked motor for dirt cheap, prob because he needs to maintain some drug habit. Are you familiar at all with this setup?
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahah :word:

sparta531

5+ Year Member
Yea u could be right, but am a bit hard headed, and would rather try it out. I figure if anything goes wrong i still got my motorcycle, not like the money is going to a be a problem. Thanks alot for the comments guys.