94 rebuild

GiffyStyle

I have a 94 DX coupe that I'am going to be rebuilding and customizing. This will be the first time i have worked on a civic. The last anly only thing i rebuilt was 72 ford pickup, so this will be quite different. lol. Anyway im stripping the car down to the frame and would like any advice from experienced civic people. Is there any known weak spots in the stock frame i should reinforce? Im planning on putting quite a bit of power in this puppy, hopefully a V6. Thanks for the help!

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what v6 are you going to put into this civic?

GiffyStyle

Yes J series. I think its the only way to go, and as far as i know id be the only one aroung here with one. Its gonna be a hell of a job though. Any advice?

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get the right mounts so you don't have to cut a hole in your hood. I also heard wiring is a pain. But the torque and being one of the few with a J is worth it. Too costly for my broke ass

GiffyStyle

Yeah i have seen videos and pics of it done online and the hole cut out in the hood looks tacky to me. Hopefully this project will get off the drawing board soon. It's gonna be a blast

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This should be good, good luck bro...:thumbup:

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah i have seen videos and pics of it done online and the hole cut out in the hood looks tacky to me. Hopefully this project will get off the drawing board soon. It's gonna be a blast
Yea, gotta go with the sleeper look. I hear buying a wrecked one is the cheapest route but it's also rare to come buy. Good luck and keep us posted