95 civic distributer on an 89 crx

crxintegra

5+ Year Member
i have a distributor from a 95 civic it bolts to the engine in my 89 crx a15 but the plugs are different most of the wires match up so i decided to rewire itbut coming out of the 95 distributor there are 9 wires the 89 has 7 the extra wires on the 95 are bluew/green stripe blue with yellow stripe and yellow w/ green stripe

so here

95 distributer wires
-blue w/ green stripe
-blue w/ yellow stripe
-pink
-pink w/ blue stripe
-white
-white w/ blue stripe
-yellow w/ green stripe
-dark blue + i think
-black w/ yellow - i think
-pink

89 crx
-pink
-pink w/ blue stripe
-white x2
-white w/ blue stripe
-dark blue + i think
-black w/ yellow - i think

if you know how to wire thank you if you can point to a site where they tell you how thank you
i tried it with the same wires to eachother and the yellow w/ grren to the solid white and the to blue striped wires just loose and it didnt spark now it used to have an alarm but i removed it no wires were cut that i could see and the ignition switch is taken apart there is a lil button next to where the key would go and i dont know what that does thanks for any and all help

crxintegra

5+ Year Member
well i got the distributor wired right and it works...... i got the car started )dribbled some gas into the intake manifold) sounds nice too then i replaced the fuel pump hoping to drive it.... but no bueno i get fuel up to the fuel filter and i belive coming out it just wont run........ any ideas on what this could be? i know there are two injector looking thing on the throttle body..... i pulled them oput and there soaked with gas ... im guessing from pouring it down there...... but now it wont start at all even when i put gas directly into it? so i think i fuc*ed somehing up ... i rarely work on older hondas...... good news i got an aem short ram intake but that does no good if the car wont start..... so any help is apreciated thank you