95 Civic DX badges

KTNewEraCiviC

hey guys new here...and new to civics in general...on the 95's are the badges glued on or are they drilled in ? i did some searching on the forums and couldn't find an answer...let me know please!

L.D.Forget

their vinyl...its a sticker. Or do you mean the H emblems? those are glued on.

L.D.Forget

their held on with glue. AFAIK only the rear H emblem has 2 holes, the hood and civic emblem are just held on with glue.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
I thought it was double sided sticky tape. Just really old and hard double sided sticky tape that was keeping the H Badges on. You might want to take a razor to the H Badges and pry them up while you CAREFULLY cut at the tape.

When I took of my "Si" badge (which is some sort of plastic or vinyl sticker), I took the razor and some WD-40 to keep it lubricated and "Dragged" the razor across the vinyl shaving a little at a time till there was only paint left. That's what you should do if you want to keep the paint in good shape.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to thread jack, but I have a cx hatch, and it has the sticker "civic cx" on it. what is the best way to take that off? I read that a hair dryer is helpful, is there anything else to use in conjunction with the heat gun/hair dryer to help remove it? it is nice having it on because people than think I just have the stock d series 70hp cx motor, than I smash on them with my b16, but i'm just tired of seeing the cx on the back

WBJ

Registered VIP
CX = C Xtra...as in See extra of this car because it is so slow!!!!!! Sorry I had to put in that cheesy joke. I too have a B16 swapped CX.

I had the paint shop take it off when the car was repainted. But I imagine the hairdryer is your best bet unless you dont care about the paint. Then try various removers.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hair dryer works but takes forever. use a heat gun but be careful not to get too close or youll blister the paint.