95 civic ex- vtec with a p72 ecu?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What you refer to "experiencing" B series has nothing to do with the mechanical knowledge of how twin cam VTEC operates. As far as D series VTEC being "hardly VTEC", that's just plain stupid. It is every bit as much of the label as the twin cam variants. The only thing different is that there's not a separate cam profile for the exhaust cam.

How aggressive the high cam is has nothing to do with "how VTEC" it is. The mere simple fact that there is a change in cam profile, ignition timing, and fuel map designates the fact that it is a VTEC engine.

And for the record, there is nothing inherently different between people who own D series and B series except deeper pockets. Saying half of one population is less knowledgeable than the other is not accurate. I've met some completely clueless B series owners. I will say that I have met some completely clueless D series owners too.
So you are saying that the k20a3 is real vtec too right? Hardly. And for the record, I personally never said anything about any "mechanical difference". The point I was trying to get across was that Vtec in a B series is much more noticeable than D series, and B series is a better motor than D series. Thats it.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you are saying that the k20a3 is real vtec too right? Hardly. And for the record, I personally never said anything about any "mechanical difference". The point I was trying to get across was that Vtec in a B series is much more noticeable than D series, and B series is a better motor than D series. Thats it.
I know you said nothing about the mechanical difference, however 12.8:1 LS/vtec did. That paragraph was not directed towards you. As for the K20A3, simply put, just because VTEC is not pronounced does not make it "less" VTEC. The L15A motor in my Fit is still a VTEC motor.

This forum isn't the BSeriesClub.com either. I'm just sick and tired of people using the B Series auto response for anything anyone asks about a D Series motor.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've had them all, I know what's best. And like the man said, it is all about money.

MINI MUGEN

HATCHY
5+ Year Member
I've had them all, I know what's best. And like the man said, it is all about money.
This is ClubCivic NOT "Club I want to be JDM" or "This is what a civic should look like Club." If you have a civic it does not matter what it looks like as long as you love your car. x2 :word:

eurofifa

5+ Year Member
that'le be twice as much..rather than to get a reg p28 wich i TRADED for that p72...thnx any way..i posted this thread a long time ago

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
This is ClubCivic NOT "Club I want to be JDM" or "This is what a civic should look like Club." If you have a civic it does not matter what it looks like as long as you love your car. x2 :word:
:word: I mean, I love JDM stuff and B series , K series and H series too, I love my D16Z6. Although I cannot deny I wouldnt put a B18c if I had the cash. But I've seen many built D series motors that were very quick. And there are alot of people who choose to keep the D series and work with it.

Like Mini Mugen said, its all about everybody putting in their opinions and helping everybody out. If everyone on here had the same B series motor or all had the same JDM styling it wouldnt be a very cool site. I love this site because everybodys got something different and for the most part everyone is helpful.

MINI MUGEN

HATCHY
5+ Year Member
:word: I mean, I love JDM stuff and B series , K series and H series too, I love my D16Z6. Although I cannot deny I wouldnt put a B18c if I had the cash. But I've seen many built D series motors that were very quick. And there are alot of people who choose to keep the D series and work with it.

Like Mini Mugen said, its all about everybody putting in their opinions and helping everybody out. If everyone on here had the same B series motor or all had the same JDM styling it wouldnt be a very cool site. I love this site because everybodys got something different and for the most part everyone is helpful.
nicely said 94 eg and thanks lolz :D

MoB Boom

O rly?
5+ Year Member
I would disagree with the statement that a B series engine is better than a D...

Would you want B cups or D cups? ;)