95 Civic LX speed ?

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, everyone. I just have a question, I have a 1995 honda civic lx and was wondering at what speed is it normal to top off at? I mean whats the fast's speed anyone who owns a 1995 honda civic lx gone? Is there a speed limiter that can be removed or anything?

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone? Know? Anything?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you run into a drag wall at about 115 or so. 102 hp owns you.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even my shitty EX can barely get to 115. Stupid 125hp...

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
Even my shitty EX can barely get to 115. Stupid 125hp...
haha, I've had my to about 135(stick), but it doesn't have a whole lot done to it, ok, so I started going downhill about 110

eortizr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
you run into a drag wall at about 115 or so. 102 hp owns you.
the fastest I have go in my car (93 LX 4-door with 1.6 vtec head) is 125mph

Ace$nyper

and going this fast proves what? you wont see this kinda speed unless you have a LONG ass line at a track speeds like that on public roads are dumb rather then going to 116mph why not work on getting to 60 or so faster.

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 95 civic lx and I have got it to about 120mph or 125mph. The chip has been altered by the last owner so the speed limiter thing is gone or raised.

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WHere can i get something that'll make mine go that fast? Mine i only get to about 100 and then it sucks unless im going downhill then it'll go to 120mph

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gabezcivic said:
WHere can i get something that'll make mine go that fast? Mine i only get to about 100 and then it sucks unless im going downhill then it'll go to 120mph
How much power are you making? If you have more power it will make you move faster when you hit 100mph+ than it would with a stock motor.I know because my old civic took forever to get from 100mph to 115mph and now my car has no trouble. You should be able to get to 120mph with the stock computer.

Last edited:

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
and going this fast proves what? you wont see this kinda speed unless you have a LONG ass line at a track speeds like that on public roads are dumb rather then going to 116mph why not work on getting to 60 or so faster.
If you cruise on a highway ofter with a daily driver some people just like to drive fast.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gabezcivic said:

get more hp. get rid of that crappy body kit thats creating a ton of drag. power-drag= top speed.