95 civic target top conversion.

draggin131

5+ Year Member
is there a thread anywhere for a target top conversion? is this even possible? i want to do it really bad but im afraid if i take the top off the car will bow down. if anyone has any experince with this or has done this before please help me out. thanks all.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The correct term is targa. :thumbs up Should help with searching for info.

draggin131

5+ Year Member
do you know anyone who has done it before?

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you don't even know what it is you want, don't do it.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just buy a del sol or something.... similiar style... call it a day

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
x2 buy a del sol....made to have a targa top. Dont hack a shell and do something dangerous.

psychotic_civic

X3 dont mess up the structural integrity of your car......a oem car with a targa top is braced to have a targa top

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah de sol is the only answer for you question man

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My coworker has done t-tops to Fox Mustangs using Pontiac parts. Lots of fabrication though.

I would not recommend it.

Oh, and the thread title gave me a giggle.

eg8hardcore

5+ Year Member
is there a thread anywhere for a target top conversion? is this even possible? i want to do it really bad but im afraid if i take the top off the car will bow down. if anyone has any experince with this or has done this before please help me out. thanks all.
first of all, a target top would probably be something like a top with a target sign painted on it. A TARGA top is what the del slo has. All in all, almost anything is possible. How affective and easily done this is, not so much. Thing is, the targa top pulls off to go in the trunk, and no civic that i know of has a large enough trunk to hold that top. So no, a REAL targa top isn't possible.

if your civic must be a convertible, look into something like the sunchaser. started in 1984 by a company called griffith, the sunchaser was a type of coach convertible. Half hard top, half soft. But to be honest, it would look stupid as all hell on a civic. just not the right body style, especiall a 5th gen civic.

About the only thing halfway decent for your civic would be a t-top, which still i don't suggest. tons of work, and just not worth it. if you like your civic you could always do this... a targa top del sol, with a 5th gen front end conversion.

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
Del Sol FTW but if u really want i know a guy who can do a targa on any coupe or 4 door but its $$$ and u need to find a targa top off a del sol, porche, or supra or just yank the latch mechanisms out