95 civic vx turbo?

Starika25

I'm thinking about turboing my vx. What kind of effect on my gas mileage should I expect?thanks

IlDuce

alot depends on that... there is no set number... especially on the tune... a buddy of mines hatch only got about 10mpg running 12.7:1 compression. with 277@ either 7 or 9lbs of boost. (motor was built to handle 25lbs safe with a 250shot of nitrous)

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
if ur gonna be worried about gas mileage DO NOT mod your car or buy a DD

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will go down. but why turbo the economy gas saving low power vx model of the civic?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I merged your two threads. Please do not double post in the future.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
with a good tune and conservative driving you can get as good MPG as before. MPG is 95% driving habits

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It depends on the tune too. If your never in boost. It'd be just like a regular civic. Turbo won't help the vx much. Those are slow to begin with. It's like giving a turtle an extra leg.

Starika25

Well it's chipped with exhaust cold air intake and lowered. I wouldn't be using the turbo much except on weekend races. My buddy just got rear ended by a semi and said that I could have the turbo since the car was wrote off as totaled. I've seen a few things about a manual boost engager. Anybody know how well these work?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With my old turbo D my gas mileage actually went up when I kept my foot out of it. I went from getting about 26 - right at 30.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your running on a chipped ecu?????

Starika25

It's a hyperchip from what the programmer says and it came in the car when I bought it. I'm still using it because I'm getting around 45-47 mpg and with the exhaust cold air and chip I'm running 108 hp according to the dyno charts the previous owner had