95 Teg - J32 Swap

barrett

Registered VIP
So recently I got the opportunity to pick up the car that got me into modding hondas to begin with. For the low price of $200 I couldn't pass it up. Used to have a JDM front and will be getting one again in the future, along with a J32A1 swap.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell yeah! Fellow integra owner. You gonna lose the HypeR badges? And damn nice price. The body looks great.

barrett

Registered VIP
Indeed I am going to lose the HypeR badges. It's not, so why advertise that it is. Looks cleaner without.

It has two minor rust spots, both are surface rust so far tho

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's not even bad. Glad to hear you're taking the badges off. I will definitely be following this build. I love tegs with j32 swaps.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

barrett

Registered VIP
Picked up some GSR cloth interior seats for it. And a buddy had some brown door panels so he gave me those.

Parts I have for the J32 Swap:
- J32 engine
- Accord V6 trans (no lsd)
- RSX-S shifter box
- RSX shifter cables
- Hasport 1st Gen mounts

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice. Is the J32 out of an accord?

barrett

Registered VIP
Nope. J30's came in accords. I have a J32 out of a base model cl between 01-03. Which is apparently the easiest motor to get working since it has none of the DBW bs. Was originally an auto motor so that means it's a lot easier to hook up an AEM EMS to it for tuning.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is gonna be an awesome car when its done, good luck man...:thumbs up

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh wow. You learn something new everyday. That's cool. Can't wait to see more progress.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aem ems ftw! Thats what standalone i will be running!

Ill be watching this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
defintly gonna be watching this thread for updates man
what motor is in the teg now and is there anything wrong with it?

barrett

Registered VIP
Just the stock b18b1 was in it. it's sitting on the ground in my garage right now waiting for someone to pick it up. nothing wrong with it at all.

Updates hopefully coming soon but it'll take a while. I have basically all of the smaller stuff. Just need the major pieces.

EMS - 1300
JDM front - 1300
tires - 500+
wire harness - 750
clutch - 300 (i think)
starter - 100
axles - 800
seals/timing belt - haven't priced out yet

Thanks for the support, I'll try to get some updates when I can. Picking up my shifter box and cables this weekend. I also just realized I don't have pics of the engine on here. I'll get some of those up as well.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clutch $300 (i think)

lol for a stock replacement maybe... the 6MT performance clutches are pretty expensive.
also, i have been doing some research and i believe H22 LSD's may bolt in to the 7th gen accord trannys.... i have not yet tried it yet though.

barrett

Registered VIP
Sorry ya I was referring to an OEM replacement. To start with I won't need much more then that. After I get it all completed and running, then I'll start looking into upgrades for it (as of right now to my knowledge, the only cams out there are regrinds). There might be some more or better options down the road a ways.

Really? An H22 you say? I think a buddy of mine has a trans or two just sitting around.. I'll talk to him and see if it'll work out. Thanks for the tip!