95coupeWI's Swapped Hatch Build

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
ahh f**k.. Idk.. I don't really have the money for all that s**t right now

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah i just ordered the gates belt.. Well I guess ill have my buddy look it over and see if it needs the other stuff

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Probably ordering a stock b16a ecu, because the virgin p28 on it now isn't right obviously.. its tough figuring out the obd s**t because the engine is obd1 (im pretty sure, motors a 92) and the shell is obd2.. I'm not sure which harness is on the car though..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably ordering a stock b16a ecu, because the virgin p28 on it now isn't right obviously.. its tough figuring out the obd s*** because the engine is obd1 (im pretty sure, motors a 92) and the shell is obd2.. I'm not sure which harness is on the car though..
you need whatever ecu plugs up the engine harness kinda. a p28 chipped to be proper would work too

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
a chipped p28 works for everything lol but i really wanted the real ecu for the car, then get a spoon chip for it.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Ordered the real stock b16a ECU, for 50$, which is a good deal because they are kind of hard to find. But hopefully will have this god damn timing belt on by tonight, I miss driving the car around already. I would like to see if I fixed to exhaust leak too, might solve my o2 problem also. Could a high idle when cold started be partially because of low coolant? I read online a little that its the fast idle to heat the coolant up, so that's why i think it might have something to do with it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who is gonna chip a jdm ecu?

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I dont need another p28 lol I found a Spoon chip for this exact ecu I'm going to put on it. Got timing belt on, runs good so far.. Still got exhaust leak, its not leaking in the spot I originally had though lol so gonna find that hopefully tomorrow.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
welp wish I could read that.. but we'll see, depends on how the car runs with the new ecu first

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There isn't a spoon chip. A chipped p28, usdm del sol p30, and jdm b16a p30 are real options that exist. I personally wouldn't risk putting in some random chip from somewhere to run my motor. It's not my car, so whatever, but I'd reconsider if i were you

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah I know what you are saying.. I can tell the p28 is holding the car back especially through 2nd gear

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Well looking at rims.. I've been wanting these for a while, especially because they are cheap and made an hour from my house.. I'm thinking 15x7s up front, around 0 to -6 offset with 165/45s, and x8s in the rear with 0 offset with some 175/50s and camber..

http://www.bassettwheel.com/dot.html

probably end up getting them painted another color

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too wild of a fitment IMO....and damn those things are HEAVY!!!!