96-00 harness bar question for a friend. help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lownslow

5+ Year Member
The information that I've bolded applies to head on collisions (or collisions in general) where in a 3pt seat belt your body is able to twist and absorb the force and and the sudden stop of momentum that is occurring. When you have a harness improperly installed without the correct angle to the floor, in a sudden collision your body isn't able to twist and absorb the force and the sudden stop. So when the harness comes straight down from your shoulders (no harness bar) all the force gets pushed down on your shoulders and that's when spinal compression occurs. When the harness bar is in place, it acts as your "shoulders" so to speak, where when you are in a collision all the force is put on the harness bar and not your body, preventing spinal compression.

Cars are designed in case of a rollover to NOT cave in like a sardine can. Obviously a 100mph rollover will destroy a car, but let me tell you a car flipping at 25mph isn't going cave in, cars are just more structurally sound than that. In that case a harness is going to keep you from flying around the car like a 3pt seat belt can't.

There's no disputing that the extra protection a rollbar/ cage has over a harness bar.. But like I said before, all he harness bar is there for is to keep you safely harnessed in. Nothing more...
thanks to both of you im glad i posted this thread as im getting a load if info i had never known before.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah cause I forgot that your seatbelt is going to save your life when your roof caves in:roll:
I hate uneducated people who think that if your running a harness your going to be super hardcore off road 100mph+ racing....

UNTRUE... Autoxers love to be held in at events and guess what they're not getting above 25mph in most cases..... NOT GOING TO FLIP YOUR CAR...

As I previously stated.. a harness bar is to make sure your running your running your harness at a correct angle to the floor as if your aren't it COULD cause spinal compression in the event of an accident...... and even if you have a roll bar, more than half of your roof is still unprotected especially the area over your head... So it can STILL cave in...

So please.... if you don't have any ACCURATE information DON'T POST......
I witnessed a Subaru rolling over during a solo comp. so yeah, you can roll the car at low speeds. Guy broke his arm because he had the window open and for some reason thought he could catch himself by putting his arm out.

It's also unnecessary to use harnesses in autox, a simple twist of the oem belt holds you in just as well.

backIN06

5+ Year Member
I witnessed a Subaru rolling over during a solo comp. so yeah, you can roll the car at low speeds. Guy broke his arm because he had the window open and for some reason thought he could catch himself by putting his arm out.

It's also unnecessary to use harnesses in autox, a simple twist of the oem belt holds you in just as well.
no.....
No oem seat with the 3pt belt will hold you in like a fix backed bucket with a harness....

If you were an avid autoxer... you'd know what I was talking about.....

I guess that;s what people get when they race stock cars...... Proper suspension and tires for the right event, and you should never have roll overs....

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So now you're adding special seats, tires and suspension to the equation. Anything else you'd like to add that would move a car into a division it can't be competitive in?

I know, everybody should just compete in STS so you can declare them a real car. In fact the SCCA should get rid of S and ST, there's obviously no need for them since they're not running proper suspension and tires for your qualifications.

Maybe you should post up your "Race Car" since you're obviously a Pro Solo guy.

backIN06

5+ Year Member
So now you're adding special seats, tires and suspension to the equation. Anything else you'd like to add that would move a car into a division it can't be competitive in?

I know, everybody should just compete in STS so you can declare them a real car. In fact the SCCA should get rid of S and ST, there's obviously no need for them since they're not running proper suspension and tires for your qualifications.

Maybe you should post up your "Race Car" since you're obviously a Pro Solo guy.
So you race a stock car?

Didn't know a good sticky tire, some nice coilovers a beefier sway bar and a bucket seat is consider a race car? and that WILL NOT knock it out of its division...

Take a look sometime at the street and street touring classes... If you can read (which i'm not sure you can) The upgrades that I've listed are in fact APPLICABLE in the street touring class and most everything applicable in stock... STOCK does not mean rolling off the assembly line to race......

Here: http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/index.shtml Before you start making any more ignorant alligations.. READ FIRST....

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
- Any shock absorber of the same type and mounting as original; no change to standard spring mountings is allowed; suspension geometry may not be altered; gas or hydraulic shocks are permitted.

See now that's the niggling rule. A "nice" coilover is also changing the geometry of the suspension, usually through tie-rod angles and placement. In fact, the only thing you're allowed to change per this rule, is the shock. So there goes any 'Stock' class coilover. Oh whoops I can read.

- Any fully padded and upholstered front seats with reclining seat backs.

no.....
No oem seat with the 3pt belt will hold you in like a fix backed bucket with a harness....

And there goes your fixed back bucket seats too, those aren't legal in either class. Maybe you race with people who don't read the rules and give a s**t (perhaps because you're looking at rules that are 2 years old)? Or maybe you don't race at all and just spend time on "teh internets" telling people they can't read.

And you still haven't posted what you 'race'. Perhaps you'd like to call me names some more, that would help you feel better.

And no I don't race in Stock, I have to race in ST due to suspension modifications, however, people have the right to race in stock classes without you poopooing them or giving them information that would lead to them being placed in a class they didn't want to be in.

Back on topic, Corsport and Cusco make a decent bar but what the hell does he care about quality since he's just using it for looks? He doesn't even want to spend the money for something worth it.

backIN06

5+ Year Member
- Any shock absorber of the same type and mounting as original; no change to standard spring mountings is allowed; suspension geometry may not be altered; gas or hydraulic shocks are permitted.

See now that's the niggling rule. A "nice" coilover is also changing the geometry of the suspension, usually through tie-rod angles and placement. In fact, the only thing you're allowed to change per this rule, is the shock. So there goes any 'Stock' class coilover. Oh whoops I can read.

- Any fully padded and upholstered front seats with reclining seat backs.

And there goes your fixed back bucket seats too, those aren't legal in either class. Maybe you race with people who don't read the rules and give a s**t (perhaps because you're looking at rules that are 2 years old)? Or maybe you don't race at all and just spend time on "teh internets" telling people they can't read.

And you still haven't posted what you 'race'. Perhaps you'd like to call me names some more, that would help you feel better.

And no I don't race in Stock, I have to race in ST due to suspension modifications, however, people have the right to race in stock classes without you poopooing them or giving them information that would lead to them being placed in a class they didn't want to be in.

Back on topic, Corsport and Cusco make a decent bar but what the hell does he care about quality since he's just using it for looks? He doesn't even want to spend the money for something worth it.
Look up my name and see what I drive. ;)

And what does it even matter what class you are in?? I told him what the proper autox car should have.... To get the most enjoyment...Taking your moms toyota and driving it around the track is NOT racing...... Its a joke to the sport.....

And what are you talking about the rules 2 years old.. did you not see the huge link at the top of the page that says 2008 rules..

And what does it even matter what class you are in?? I told him what the proper autox car should have.... To get the most enjoyment...Taking your moms toyota and driving it around the track is NOT racing...... Its a joke to the sport.....

And what are you talking about the rules 2 years old.. did you not see the huge link at the top of the page that says 2008 rules..

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Right at the top of the page
"This is derived from portions of the 2006 National SCCA Solo Rules (Copyright Sports Car Club of America 2006; all rights reserved)."

And a "Proper" autox car needs to be competitive in a class, not just have a bunch of s**t on it that places it against vehicles it can't beat.

Look up your name, yeah I'll just go around googling backIN06...

backIN06

5+ Year Member
Right at the top of the page
"This is derived from portions of the 2006 National SCCA Solo Rules (Copyright Sports Car Club of America 2006; all rights reserved)."

And a "Proper" autox car needs to be competitive in a class, not just have a bunch of s**t on it that places it against vehicles it can't beat.

Look up your name, yeah I'll just go around googling backIN06...
Um.. are you just plain out dumb?? Search my name on this site..........wow.........(new to forums?)

umm.. another reason why your dumb: (click the link.. it has 2008 solo rules...)

and who the f**k cares if you can beat a car or not.. I'm not sponsored.. I'm not making money.... I'm doing it for the enjoyment......

Sorry mr. supermoto racerman Do some mods to your rsx, go race it.. and then come back and tell me it wasn't more enjoyable......

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um.. are you just plain out dumb?? Search my name on this site..........wow.........(new to forums?)

umm.. another reason why your dumb: (click the link.. it has 2008 solo rules...)

and who the f**k cares if you can beat a car or not.. I'm not sponsored.. I'm not making money.... I'm doing it for the enjoyment......

Sorry mr. supermoto racerman Do some mods to your rsx, go race it.. and then come back and tell me it wasn't more enjoyable......
It's called a profile (you haven't filled it out).

You can't post a link that actually goes to what you're pointing to as information? Here let me post this link, but once you click this link you need to click another link.

You're racing the way you are because you bought the car that way. You didn't pick the parts, you didn't even post a mod list.

So it must be time to jump on the internet and talk like you know what the hell you're saying and then point to a car you didn't build up as proof that you know what you're doing.

"I run like this just for fun" is the mandate for people who don't know what they need to do to be competitive, also known as an excuse for sucking.

PS> As already stated, I did modify my DC5 and I do race in ST because of those modifications. I don't buy two sets of rubber a summer to not be competitive, but then I also don't run around e-thugging like you do.

Some of us like to modify a car ourselves so we know it's done right and we have exactly what we want, we don't just run around with the checkbook out and then ask people to hang on our nuts.

And if you're going to call somebody stupid, you might want to use proper grammar.

backIN06

5+ Year Member
It's called a profile (you haven't filled it out).

You can't post a link that actually goes to what you're pointing to as information? Here let me post this link, but once you click this link you need to click another link.

You're racing the way you are because you bought the car that way. You didn't pick the parts, you didn't even post a mod list.

So it must be time to jump on the internet and talk like you know what the hell you're saying and then point to a car you didn't build up as proof that you know what you're doing.

"I run like this just for fun" is the mandate for people who don't know what they need to do to be competitive, also known as an excuse for sucking.

PS> As already stated, I did modify my DC5 and I do race in ST because of those modifications. I don't buy two sets of rubber a summer to not be competitive, but then I also don't run around e-thugging like you do.

Some of us like to modify a car ourselves so we know it's done right and we have exactly what we want, we don't just run around with the checkbook out and then ask people to hang on our nuts.

And if you're going to call somebody stupid, you might want to use proper grammar.
My grammar is proper?:???:
It's called "profile > view members topics" that's hard to do.....

You didn't modify your car for autox to be in a certain class... You put cheap wheels and a suspension worthy of only drop status, because that's all you could afford...

The lack of $$ has you in that class... And please don't go into this bullshit that rsx's can never compete with highly tuned and expensive cars.. because I've seen just as many crx's built for autox that come out on top over $60k+ cars.....

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes because a CRX is the same as an RSX... You sure got me there.

The fact that you would even say that proves you know s**t about autox.

backIN06

5+ Year Member
Yes because a CRX is the same as an RSX... You sure got me there.

The fact that you would even say that proves you know s**t about autox.

What? God.. you really aren't that smart are you? Let me spell it out for you: Two cheap inexpensive cars that ARE NOT made to perform in autox situations. BUT with enough money and proper parts they can beat out and compete with high priced well modded cars.... What is so hard about that concept to understand?!?!

Jesus.. didn't know you'd get that butt hurt when I said you can't afford parts.....:rolf:

lownslow

5+ Year Member
well if your wondering i remember when he origionally posted pics of his car. the thing is a nasty si with a recaro seat, takata harness, and a full cage. haha ill never forget the first thread about it where everyone thought you were posting fake pics until you took the shot with your forum name and owned em like a month ago i think lmfao.

neway just thought id add that lol continue.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No actually the photo he posted with the sign was photoshopped, he does not in fact own that car.

He's just another dumbshit trying to pose on the internet. And his posts consistently prove he doesn't know a damn thing about autox.

lownslow

5+ Year Member
oh good call i never looked back at that thread again i figured the case was closed thats pretty f**ked up. anyways...what i get out of this thread is 1. my friends a retard cuz he said the seatbelts are fine bolted to the bolts on the seat so i left the whole situation alone with him. 2. a harness bar creates a safe way to mount a harness 3. if you run a harness and harness bar without a cage then you arent in a safe position at all if your car was to rollover and could in turn do more harm than good and 4. harness bars off ebay for a 92-95 will fit a 96-00 civic. that about it? i was trying to cut the info out of this and put it all together in case anyone else has the same question.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, that's exactly right. You've summed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.