96 2 door civic dx

Mark30

I was driving the car when it died no dash lights or anything at all when u turn the key over. So I had the battery tested, tested good. Jumped the car it ran for a min then same thing no dash lights no nothing. So then I thought maybe the alternator replaced it and still the same thing happened again car ran for a min then shut off so I thought maybe a distributer cap replaced that and still the same thing happened so I did a code check code p1298. Came up which came back as the ELD electronic load detector unit its under the hood in the fuse box replaced that and now I'm not getting any electric to the car at all any ideals please I'm outta of options

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So when you turn the ignition to ACC nothing turns on in the cluster?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You must be able to afford the obligatory replacement of parts or just dont mind putting all new parts because you should be doing more diagnosing and research first. I believe theres a main engine relay that could be the issue. Research it and you should find your solution soon being that you replaced most of any other potential culprit.

Mark30

You must be able to afford the obligatory replacement of parts or just dont mind putting all new parts because you should be doing more diagnosing and research first. I believe theres a main engine relay that could be the issue. Research it and you should find your solution soon being that you replaced most of any other potential culprit.
Ok I'll try that thank you very and there is no nothing not a light or a clicking of the stater relay

I just had some money saved but thanks I will do that this I isn't my first civic but never had the problem this is helpful

Last edited by a moderator: