96-98 </> 99-00 bumpers, skirts etc HELP!!!!

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Ok, first off I am pround to say I have grown out of my "Fast And Furious" days and going stock / jdm, so the body kit is coming OFF!!! I have a 97ex with the 99si motor swap. I am doing a front end conversion to it and I know that I have to get the hood, fenders, lights, front bumper, and modify the supports. But my question is about the skirts and the back bumper. Are the back bumpers and skirts the same on the 99-00 si as the back bumper and skirts on any 96-98 2dr model??? Thanks for the help.

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the back bumpers are different, but i think the skirts are same

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Alright sounds good, I guess I will find a 99-00 back later. I found a 96-98 like mine down the road and just had to ask but thanks again.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The back bumpers are different but I'd get the 96-98 and get the OEM rear lip.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM Rear lip is impossible to find, 99 rear bumper is my preference, but 96-98 lip is AMAZING if it can be found.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM Rear lip is impossible to find, 99 rear bumper is my preference, but 96-98 lip is AMAZING if it can be found.
It used to be impossible to find, it's gotten much easier. About a year ago they were all over, the front lips are easier now too. I actually like the 99-00 OEM rear lip the best I think.

cheeseneck

Already RHD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here, the 96-98 oem sedan rear lip is nearly impossible to find. have to ask friends from all over the state to help me find one.
it's easier to find mugen lips for ek's even. rear oem 99 lips are a dime a dozen, but they don't cost a dime over here.
sorry if this looks like a thread jack.

go oem op. does'nt matter 98 or 99.

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Right on, I think I am picking up 99-00 fenders, headlights, and rear bumper from a guy tomorrow so all I need are the skirts and front bumper.... And of course the lips =)

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did a conversion and kept the back bumper. I cant tell the difference between the 97 and the 99-00. The side skirt has a slight difference. The 99-00 has a dramatic crease on the skirt. Your model is more subtle, more smoother and less dramatic. You notice the difference in the sun. I would say the 99-00 is more dramatic. But i didnt buy new skirts for mine, I saved money keepin the old.

99CEX

any links to OEM rear lip for 96-98 on the coupes?

I searched but keep finding this type r crap.