96-98 and 99-2000 bumpers?

tandaman

5+ Year Member
I need to replace my front & rear bumper on my 98 (CANADIAN) Si coupe and was curious if the 99-2000 one would work as well as far as fitment wise? Would it be a straight take off old put on new or would there be modifications required? The Canadian coupe is the exact same as the American EX from what I can remember. thanks!

-Tanner

sKuNkYbOi

5+ Year Member
it should be the same......99-00 same models i wouldnt see if it would be different

tandaman

5+ Year Member
well the car itself had minor changes for the 99 year, including little changes to the front bumper by the looks of it. maybe it will be a direct bolt on? hopefully someone did the same so they can help me out!

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
No it won't work without getting the hood, lights, fenders as well as the bumper from a 99-00 civic.

jerzfinest13

5+ Year Member
No it won't work without getting the hood, lights, fenders as well as the bumper from a 99-00 civic.
x2
The front bumper fitment wouldn't be rite. both bumpers will sag a bit and the headlights will stick out and it'll somewhat seem like the car is going to 1 side of the car, looks really ridiculous. I say stick to the 96-98 bumper b/c then you'll have to do the whole conversion of getting a 99-00 bumper, headlights, hood, fenders like Meoshe said.

Kazan

NYGaleCCo
5+ Year Member
yah the front you'll need to change your two fenders hood light grill bumper from a 99-00 civic or else it wont ligne up or fit right, back is all the same just the style, 96-98 the bump on the buttom is going inside the groove, but the 99-00 it sticks out but both bumpers fit perfectly on any year from 96-00

tandaman

5+ Year Member
so what you guys are saying is...

yah the front you'll need to change your two fenders hood light grill bumper from a 99-00 civic or else it wont ligne up or fit right, back is all the same just the style, 96-98 the bump on the buttom is going inside the groove, but the 99-00 it sticks out but both bumpers fit perfectly on any year from 96-00
the rear bumper will work then? same fitment and screws to hold everything together on the 96-98 and 99-2000 rears?

schumey07

5+ Year Member
In the Philippines, only one EK version was introduced, the sedan. I have friends change their '96 to '99 bumpers without a hitch. The only difference they have is that the '96 has rubber strips while the '99's bumpers are shaved. The only issue you might have is the grill fit.

bpugasmith

I wanted to do a front end conversion on my 98 to the 99-00 front end because i like the looks of the bumper better, do i have to change the fenders? what is it that wll not line up if i dont, cause i know the grill is a little wider on the 99-00 models, but i thought that was the only difference.

Splat

5+ Year Member
I wish i got a quarter every time this question came up.
if you have a 96-98 and you want to convert it to 99-00
You will need
Bumper cover
Front grill
Fenders
Headlight
Hood
And just a little trim on the rad support to make the bumper cover fit.

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow cant believe how many times this question has been asked, dam noobs...