96-98 civic hatch help!!!!!!

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey I recently swapped fenders with my friend that had the same hatch as me but her was a 97. My fender lined up perfectly but I had dents and a hole. And hers had nothing wrong with it but paint at least I thought anyways after I installed the "new" fender it doesn't completely line up, all the bolts match up but where it meets the front part of the hood and the top of the headlight it doesn't line up!!!! I don't know if the 97 hatch was shorter in a way or if the fender is truly bent on that specific edge. I know I need to replace my hood cause its also bent so it doesn't sit right but like I said prior before the swap my fender lined up fine and the other side is still as it was.

If anyone can throw ideas or confirm either one of theories then it will be appreciated thanks I will also post pics later when there is more light outside

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bump!!!! Any help???

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
96-98 fenders are all interchangable. they are all the exact same thing

My guess would be that you have a certafit fender, not a honda oem. If you had a oem fender it would be alot more lined up

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How can I check to see which one I have?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
take your fender off, and read the inside of it.. if it says like certafit or made in taiwan or something, its not oem..

obviously if it has "honda" on it, youll know its oem... and btw, everyone has fitment issues with ~92-00 models...

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well when I took it off the car and put it on mine I didn't see anything about taiwan or anything aisian lol could it be that that edge is bent inwards? but I'll check again since all I need to do is raise the car and take the passenger tire off since I have no inner fender liner and I'll stick my head up there with a flashlight

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fenders are things that you have to put on EXACTLY like you took it off.

You probably already found out that they give you some wiggle room, well, you gotta align the new fender just like the stock one. It took me a few minutes to get my fenders lined up the way I liked.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Even if all the bolts lined up perfectly? I hate working with fenders lol

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bump still have the problem anymore suggesstions I know it won't be perfect till I get the car to a bodyshop to do all the work n paint but I would like it to align properly for now thanks