96-98 Headlights; Stay with Amber or Dump Amber?

Ditch Amber or Keep Amber? 96-9 HEADLIGHTS ONLY!

• Keep the Amber

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Remove the Amber

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

legend1011

Banned
Okay I'm not talking about a girl here so let's get that straight. I just pulled my headlights apart using the Oven technique and it worked great. Now my question is should I leave the amber in or remove it? I know I have heard some of you 99-00 guys saying to keep it, but I hate how it looks on a 96-98. I just don't want to do something that is considered "Ricey" and be banned from the Civic Community. So this Poll is for 96-98 Headlights only. I plan on doing the black housing mod too. I just want some opinions. There is two amber pieces in each headlight. A long skinny strip that runs along the bottom and and amber "dome" that the bulb fits in. Some pics would be nice if you guys have any handy. I guess I am just looking to get a good feel what you guys think. I've searched and just found the one-two comments here and there, but nothing truly analyzing it. Thanks again:domollama:

CivicBoy80

Banned
I have a 2000 SI so this does not apply to me. U really should upgrade your car cause 96 to 98 isn't bestest choice out there. U should get an SI, but they are most expensivest on market, but top of line if you don't now.

peace

legend1011

Banned
CivicBoy80 said:
I have a 2000 SI so this does not apply to me. U really should upgrade your car cause 96 to 98 isn't bestest choice out there. U should get an SI, but they are most expensivest on market, but top of line if you don't now.

peace
For one, I like my 97 Civic HX
Second, I know what the SI is like
Third, This post obviously doesn't concern you.

I'm sorry, but who is this guy?:rotflmfao:

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
legend1011 said:
For one, I like my 97 Civic HX
Second, I know what the SI is like
Third, This post obviously doesn't concern you.

I'm sorry, but who is this guy?:rotflmfao:

some noob - I say keep the amber- but thats just me - on another note 96-98 front end with SiR lip ftw - I wish the guy who had owned the car before me hadnt swapped front ends :(

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took em out, and I like it. Just keep the amber pieces so if you don't like them you can put 'em back in.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take em out..but leave the amber cover over the turn signal bulb :thumbs up

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CivicBoy80 said:

peace
you start every reply with "I have a 2000 SI." i think we all know what you drive by now. and have you ever heard of a place called japan? look at there civics and then tell me that yours is the "bestest and most expensivest."

but, to the topic. mine was converted before i bought it so i never did it, but i know someone that did take the ambers out, and i thought it was an improvement. i like the 96-98 front ends, just never liked the lights. but do like TheWingMang said and keep em incase you decide you dont like it later.

97ek4coupe

Stock & Slow
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought some SiR headlights, so I didn't have to take the stock ones apart. Like the new look a whole lot more.
No pics currently, been lazy and haven't uploaded them from the camera yet.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They look good both ways but keep in mind that it MIGHT be illegal in your area to not have reflectors in your front.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I blacked out my headlights on my 96 civic and the amber looks absolutely sick in comparison to the black.

CivicBoy80

Banned
EK|B said:
They look good both ways but keep in mind that it MIGHT be illegal in your area to not have reflectors in your front.
Illegal in cars is okay cuz u want tight s**t. Don't let the popos knock ya hustle. I am gonna tint my windows including the windshield in a week but can't till I get my plates cuz the temp tag won't shine thru ya heard

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im going to take out the amber bulb cover but leave the reflector...

CivicBoy80 said:
Illegal in cars is okay cuz u want tight s**t. Don't let the popos knock ya hustle. I am gonna tint my windows including the windshield in a week but can't till I get my plates cuz the temp tag won't shine thru ya heard
if illegal is so cool, why dont you just not register your car?

civicex9700

5+ Year Member
Wtf Is Civicboys Deal, None Of His Posts Are Relevant To The Topic And None Of Them Make Any Sense.

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
i say remove the amber i did on my red coupe, and a definite improvement. i dunno bout you guys but i think its time someone bans him for his stupidity and ghetto slang.:word:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not a big fan of the amber strip....even with the black housing headlights.

oh..and...tinting your front windshield is REAL cool. :thumbup:

str8venom99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
keep em in if your painting a darker color like black or gunmetal, graphite etc but if your stayin chrome take them out. just my opinion