96 Civic CX Hatch Build

Conradstealer

Hey guys, I am n3w to this sight and I know I'll probably get bashed because I am new and really don't have any ideas about cars. I really have liked Civics for a long time and finally was able to buy one. I know its not the best Civic out there, but i am proud of it.

I WOULD REALLY LOVE IF:

You guys could give me some input on what to do it,
First I was thinking about tint and a new exhaust,
Maybe lower it and deff some new rims and tires eventually.

But I don't know anything about the parts or what is good and what is not.

I just want this car to look amazing like all your cars.

Please give suggestions and the price range ish of what the things would cost.
I'm still paying the car off since i took out a loan, but I do have some cash I can put into it.
I know it'll take a while to make it look as good as all yours,
and if you guys think I could make this car look pretty cool and drive better please let me know.

im going to try to post pics too of it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, i have a 96 dx hatch i just picked up about a month ago. Ill send u a link to my thread when i get home. Just make sure you save for quality parts and dont cheap out. Especially when lowering the car.

First thing i would do is swap out for a gauge cluster with a tachometer. I just put an si one in my car, but an ex cluster would look just fine, and with an ex gauge cluster, you can keep your original speedometer too. You can usually puick them up for about $50 on craigslist.

Also make sure you keep the car well maintained instead of blowing everything on new parts. Its a honda, it should last forever. =)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

alex_n/a

stocker
I have put a lot of parts into my civic, so I can tell you from personal experience a lot of parts are a waste.

headers. help a little. but the y7 has the cat on it so you HAVE to get a cat from an ex. your car will sound like s**t. and smell like it too. ebay headers are hit or miss. mine leaked and was too short to reach the rest of the exhaust. so get a quality one. name brand. then get a honda cat. and then you need the rest of the exhaust. again. if you go ebay you will most likely run into problems. so be prepared to shell out more bucks for "cheap" parts.

cai. not cold air intakes at all. more like HOT air intakes. just make you loose power. don't even think about it. the sound is cool. for about 5 seconds.

if you want to lower it. get coilovers. I got lowering springs and I was unhappy with the results. I spent 300$ for nothing. now i need to spend more for the function and forms I want. I got tein by the way.

I could go on, but to help you out. best mods I did were. Replaced worn parts with NEW oem or better parts. sparkplugs. wires. cap and rotor. synthetic oil. brakes. filters. windshield. wipers. coolant. washer fluid. headlight bulbs. tinted windows for privacy. "by a pro". sound system.

you CAN NOT go wrong installing or replacing those parts.

remember. you get two
reliable
cheap
fast

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn an unmolested civic! :shock:

Im in love!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Conradstealer

haha

thanks guys, im a total rookie with this stuff. I don't want to do anything TOO drastic yet, just clean it up and make it look nice. & I really dont want to get some stuff that'll make it look like s**t. I just want it simple clean but super dope. so I wasnt exactly sure what to do.

Conradstealer

btw as for wheels, I just bought new ones since the wheels were worn out so I can't even get new ones quite yet, but i was wondering the size. ive been hearing 15 to 16 in wheels for it?