96 civic D16y7 begginer

jbullet93

hey everyone, I'm new to the site and so far i love it, I'm a beginner on cars but i love doing DIy projects so i got me a 96 white civic with red 16' icw wheels! i bought it from a friend of mine but wasn't aware of the problem thats killing me right now!

He installed APX shocks and Ebay coilovers and they suck a*%#. how can i fix this? i thought about getting tein s tech's but would they work with the shocks it has on? or will i need to upgrade shocks too?
please don't give me a hard time I'm new at this like i said, ANY help will be highly appreciated :D

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get a full coilover suspension that comes with struts.

Welcome to CC

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
^^
function form type 1 coilovers

and stay away from ebay..

jbullet93

Thanks I've seen those before! but I'm in a tight budget and sorry to ask but whats better Springs Or coil overs?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coilovers are better in terms of handling and height adjustability. Good set for someone not to worried about lowering the car as much as possible or handling like a race car are Progress CS2 coilovers. If all you want is something close to stock for a cheap price get some koni, tokico, or kyb shocks and some H&R, Eibach, Tien, or Progress springs

jbullet93

I got coilovers rigjt now and u can feel every thing thatd on the road. Would that happen with a different set up or us it just cause the ones i have are cheap 50 dollar adjustable coilovers??