96 coupe dx, ideas?

ocdjg

5+ Year Member
Welcome to the site.

Easiest mods to do right now is get rid of that "H" sticker off the gas tank. Secondly get some wheels. Then when it warms up give it a nice new paint job, or at the very least re-paint the moldings to match the color of the car. Not feeling that white red combo there.

As for engine mods, you gotta search. There are so many options, ideas, and routes you can take. But in all honestly and in my opinion, anything short of a complete engine swap is not worth the time or the money.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The only affordable way to make a Civic fast is swap or boost. Intake, header, and exhaust will yield only slight power gains. It is possible to build a fast N/A Y7, but it's difficult and expensive.

What's your budget?

What other mods were you thinking?

What do you want out of the car?

cheeseneck

Already RHD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the site.

Easiest mods to do right now is get rid of that "H" sticker off the gas tank. Secondly get some wheels. Then when it warms up give it a nice new paint job, or at the very least re-paint the moldings to match the color of the car. Not feeling that white red combo there.

As for engine mods, you gotta search. There are so many options, ideas, and routes you can take. But in all honestly and in my opinion, anything short of a complete engine swap is not worth the time or the money.
^^^ what he said...

Northern Civic

Hey, thanks, the car is definetely getting some new paint no doubt about that, that white s**t is actually supposed to be chrome lol, its chipping and splitting.....first thing i thought when i went and seen the car was how long is it gonna take to get all that chrome tape off! the car came with a set of 14 inch american racing rims that looked to be about as old as the car.... was thinking about trying to incorporate the 15" DR-9's from my other civic onto it but i dont think they will flow as good as they do on my 95, my budget is time i have about 4 months to recover from a leg injury before i can drive the car so ive got time.... i dont want a super fast car, i just want it to have some go, im from a smaller town where i think the only 2 civics around are owned by me :p so basically i want the car to look good, sound good and have a decent amount of power, any good links yous know of for the things youve stated? thanks again

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fix the rust too before you paint it. id suggest swappin to a y8 and boost. personally im doing a d16y8 block w/ z6 head and p29 pistons for a high comp n/a build with a super charger down the road. but you gotta remember:
Fast
Cheap
Reliable
Whatever two you choose, it wont be the third

Northern Civic

yeah i just read your project build page.... made me consider the head swapping, it just sucks that where i live there isnt alot of civics floating around out there to get parts off of..... made the mistake of not fixing all the rust on my 95, ended up having to go back and do it all over again cause it didnt last..... but it was my first time doing paint.......learn by doing i guess, thanks for the feedback

Northern Civic

oh... and is it possible to get my windows re tinted? i took the tint off that old ford in the background and it didnt look pretty, just wondering if anyone knows if they can do that ?

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go to a tint shop, they'll charge you to remove it, then get it retinted. I wouldn't buy wheels first. It depends on what you want your car to be first. I saw where you said you wanted it to look nice, sound good, and some go to it. Tackle one thing at a time. If I were you I'd go after suspension first, meng motorsports offers good coilovers for $595 shipped. The funds really play into this. If you've got $3k to drop, get a b series or get a y8 head and turbo.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paint and tint first... Good luck...

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
IMO take the honda off the gas cap. everyone already know its a honda. drop lip kid of ur choice and fogs. hids and the ur basic intake exhaust system

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i just read your project build page.... made me consider the head swapping, it just sucks that where i live there isnt alot of civics floating around out there to get parts off of..... made the mistake of not fixing all the rust on my 95, ended up having to go back and do it all over again cause it didnt last..... but it was my first time doing paint.......learn by doing i guess, thanks for the feedback
dont be afraid of ebay. you can get rebuilt heads for 250 or less shipped. or get a used head and build it how you like

Northern Civic

Thanks for all your input, the cosmetics im not worried about thats all gonna change for sure.....if there is no holes for fog lights do i just put them on the grille part of the bumper ? ive still got a couple months before i can paint it.....stupid canadian winters......so i was thinking for in the mean time .... didnt know i could get a head off ebay im definetly gonna look...... and its not a bra its a bug deflector and to be honest id give it to ya lol.......also i see a bunch of people painting the inside of their headlights black, is there a good page with details on how to do it, just in case i decide i want to

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for all your input, the cosmetics im not worried about thats all gonna change for sure.....if there is no holes for fog lights do i just put them on the grille part of the bumper ? ive still got a couple months before i can paint it.....stupid canadian winters......so i was thinking for in the mean time .... didnt know i could get a head off ebay im definetly gonna look...... and its not a bra its a bug deflector and to be honest id give it to ya lol.......also i see a bunch of people painting the inside of their headlights black, is there a good page with details on how to do it, just in case i decide i want to
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=74776&highlight=headlights

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just take the tine off yourself. its easy. i did my front two windows in about a hour