You got the swap done yet?

EDIT: Nvm just refreshed lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just curious but did it come with engine harness or did you reuse yours? and you needed to buy different rad hoses correct? trying to make sure i get everything i need for my swap

tdaddyross

just curious but did it come with engine harness or did you reuse yours? and you needed to buy different rad hoses correct? trying to make sure i get everything i need for my swap
make sure you dont make the same mistakes i did cuz i spent money i didnt have to. 1st about the harness it has to be either a ex or si harness i bought a si harness and u have to extend a few wires then u have to make sure ur ecu matches the harness cuz i made the mistake of buying a obd2b harness and it doesnt plug into obd2a ecu so i spent another 150 on a rywire obd B to A jumper. n the radiator hose should befine but the fuel line hose i bought a little too big it works but i saw a little dripping but those hoses are cheap not a big deal to get the right one

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you dont make the same mistakes i did cuz i spent money i didnt have to. 1st about the harness it has to be either a ex or si harness i bought a si harness and u have to extend a few wires then u have to make sure ur ecu matches the harness cuz i made the mistake of buying a obd2b harness and it doesnt plug into obd2a ecu so i spent another 150 on a rywire obd B to A jumper. n the radiator hose should befine but the fuel line hose i bought a little too big it works but i saw a little dripping but those hoses are cheap not a big deal to get the right one
well ill be running ls for now so ill be ok with dx harness. ill just have to get the one sensor that needs to be changed unless you run an si harness. but ok thanks. i just noticed the outlets for the coolant was in a different place so i figured you needed a different one. thanks man

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sound like a vaccum leak

spray areas of the car with carb cleaner and if the rpms go up. you found a vaccum leak

tdaddyross

sound like a vaccum leak

spray areas of the car with carb cleaner and if the rpms go up. you found a vaccum leak
i would try that but my whole tach doesnt work idk y and im pretty sure it revs like that cuz the iacv i asked around n happpens to a bunch of people