96 EJ6 project

technofever

onlyimportz
Got my civic a few months ago after i totalled my eclipse =/ anyways, its another project and im 18 and on a tight budget. anyways this is how i got the car. got for $2800 from some dirty mexico-suburb lol

By jtpduerksen at 2010-08-23

Repairs after having the car totally checked out , about $4000 =/ had to have my dad help me pay for that, but the whole suspension is new, all new hoses, new radiator, new ac (have to have it in california), new pretty much almost everything minus the engine and a few other things

1st thing cause my daily drive is about 100 miles round trip, got all new michelin tires and sound system, two 12" hifonics subs, pioneer 6X9s, Blaupunkt 6.5" front door speakers and tweeters, alpine amp and voltage capacitor. new tail lights til i can get some ctr tails

Steering wheel was faded to 8 shades of grey with a big chunk of plastic or w/e missing at the top so i replaced that with a no name brand steering wheel and a momo hub

At the moment only have an AEM short ram intake, undecided about swapping to a b16, b18, or just leaving the d16y7 and replacing with a d16y8 head and whatever else needs to be done to turbo it

cant really tell from pics, but the blue was cracking in many places and the stock silver was coming through so it was a low budget paint job, and the hood was fading badly. Buffed out head lights to crystal clear condition. put in xenon 6k's. Got front and rear type r lips. Got hooked up by a friend for a legit paint job and a new headliner. headliner is decent, when i got the car it was falling and held up with zip ties

by xmas i either will have my swap or swap the head and put in an exhaust, then start saving up for more parts. still got a long way to go, but its a start =)

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
It looks soo much better dude.. Some fogs, and amber corners and the front end will be set.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not a bad looking car. but those euro taillights and wheels are kinda ugly in my opinion. also, what the hell is up with the cover you have over the dash? not really a fan
and it looks like the headliner still needs some work.
not trying to be a d**k just stating my opinions

imadvanced

I actually like the tail lights. I think they work with your car. I also like the white/black contrast on the exterior. The red headliner looks a little out of place. Maybe if you had red floor mats, it would work better.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
better then when you first got it nice progress btw paint lips etc. loose tails new wheels fogs and ur all set and imo just swap to a b series swapping a y8 will only be a pita and only gain like 15-20 hourses

technofever

onlyimportz
the rims came with the car, like i said 18 with a super tight budget. i dont like the stock tail lights, looking for the ctr tail lights while i use these i got for free from a friend. i wanna get fog lights soon...and as for the dash cover, in so cal when its sunny year round mostly the glare is rediculous. appreciate the input tho =)

technofever

onlyimportz
also, planning to redo whole interior. the red headliner still needs some work ya...but all in time. im gonna re do all the upholstery and carpet.

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the rims came with the car, like i said 18 with a super tight budget. i dont like the stock tail lights, looking for the ctr tail lights while i use these i got for free from a friend. i wanna get fog lights soon...and as for the dash cover, in so cal when its sunny year round mostly the glare is rediculous. appreciate the input tho =)
just to let you know, the CTR Taillights in the 96-98 are the same as the ones that were in it, when you bought it. The only difference is the JDM tails dont have the reflectors on the inside... now if you talking about the taillights that are red/clear with NO amber on them, then you just want the 99-00 factory taillights.

just saying

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member