96 EX WINDOW ISSUE,help!

imatuner2

Ok,so my window will roll down,but when i roll it up it wants to go off track or something and the outer guides/seals go on the inside of window.Ive looked and the window seems on track..Any suggestions would be awesome.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bent regulator if the track is fine.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the teeth on the regulator. Also inspect the window because the 6th gens came with adhesive ON the window that sticks to the track and over time that dries out. Then it's time for a new window.

My window is currently inoperable for this very reason. It's happened twice and I took my door apart, the regulator is fine, it's the window.

cuetip

Registered VIP
mine does the exact samething, i hate it, its a pain n the ass..... most of the time mine doesnt even go all the way up if its cold, but when its warm it will go up just fine

imatuner2

Yea,I had my honda guy check it out and he said its the track and gear thing..sorry if I sound like a noob,but its my 1st honda n had it a week,but have big plans :-)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea,I had my honda guy check it out and he said its the track and gear thing..sorry if I sound like a noob,but its my 1st honda n had it a week,but have big plans :-)
Bad window regulator - replace it.
That's what you're referring to imatuner ;).

6th gen power windows are notorious for problems. Good luck!

cuetip

Registered VIP
i heard that u can replace the rubber window channel if your regulator is fine... just pull the rubber off and take it to an automotive shop to get a new one, thts what im going to do, when i get new door panels

radracer

5+ Year Member
last i seen there was a tsb released stating that you losen the guide bar on the regulator and slide it bar 1mm and then do the same on the window mounting bolts and it will fix the problem