• bad need work

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • well keep it up

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fat fives are my favorite oem wheel ever.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually like them but they are going to be my winter wheels..... The si wheels I have are going to be my wife's winter wheels and my enkei 92s my summer wheel..... If I could find the oem sir wheels I would be in heaven but they are mad expensive for a oem wheel

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap

ChaddiBJ8

5+ Year Member
I can't wait looks like I'm going to be paying some serious money for body work on that quarter panel.... Guess I really won't know till I'm actually home .......... Enjoy she now goes back under the cover til I get back... Lol
The quarter panel is bad but not all that bad.. Shouldnt be that expensive to fix

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haters in the house. Jealous ass b****es
lol jealous of the wheels i sold for a few bucks. bwhahahaha. That's like being jealous of someone with a "value meal" because it came with fries! ERRMAAGODDD!!!!!:shock:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
or expensive or usable with anything other than the tiny 9.4" brakes :lol:
Braking starts in your tires. With fresh oem equipment and hx wheels with good tires, it would out brake a type r brake brake swap if he had crap tires.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Braking starts in your tires. With fresh oem equipment and hx wheels with good tires, it would out brake a type r brake brake swap if he had crap tires.
If a stock civic was in perfect condition, it would out run a nissan GTR that has a clutch that won't engage. Uneven parameters is a horrible debate....and a set of super sticky tires with hx wheels and brakes wouldn't out brake a stock ITR setup due to things as simple as the lack of heat dissipation. If 9.4" civic setups were that great with sticky tires, almost all civic racers would opt for that setup because in a lot of cases they are lighter weight, coupled with the supposed supreme braking power, and the absolute minimum wheel back spacing needed to clear them (meaning ultra light weight wheel choices) BUT that's not the case now is it?:cool:

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol....you guys are hilarious.....child is like a ticking bomb of info hes like i wish a .... would...lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If a stock civic was in perfect condition, it would out run a nissan GTR that has a clutch that won't engage. Uneven parameters is a horrible debate....and a set of super sticky tires with hx wheels and brakes wouldn't out brake a stock ITR setup due to things as simple as the lack of heat dissipation. If 9.4" civic setups were that great with sticky tires, almost all civic racers would opt for that setup because in a lot of cases they are lighter weight, coupled with the supposed supreme braking power, and the absolute minimum wheel back spacing needed to clear them (meaning ultra light weight wheel choices) BUT that's not the case now is it?:cool:
1. Lack of heat dissipation isn't the point I was making, slick tires can't stop cause they can't grip. So if the tires a brakes are maintenanced and you just happen to roll hx wheels... Then your set up will out perform someone's who does t take care of there stuff... People brag about parts and set ups but if one element is out of play it, screws the whole set up.

2. Yeah oem 9.5"...... Civic brakes can perform very very well with stainless lines, blank rotors, and upgraded pads.. And if I remember correctly people do use them still in raceing??? :what:

3.i never mentioned they had supreme braking power, but could brake well with aforementioned mods. Your very good at reading into what isn't there. With a stripped out chassis, the simple upgrades I mentioned above, that would be a fine braking set up for an weekend racer, but that isn't the case now is it :cool:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes you are dood. Child is cool too, if it weren't for his sweet build thread I would have never been motivated to make my hatch what it is today.

I just wish he would quit thinking i don't know what I'm talking about. He's not the only one who reads. :/

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. Lack of heat dissipation isn't the point I was making, slick tires can't stop cause they can't grip. So if the tires a brakes are maintenanced and you just happen to roll hx wheels... Then your set up will out perform someone's who does t take care of there stuff... People brag about parts and set ups but if one element is out of play it, screws the whole set up.

2. Yeah oem 9.5"...... Civic brakes can perform very very well with stainless lines, blank rotors, and upgraded pads.. And if I remember correctly people do use them still in raceing??? :what:

3.i never mentioned they had supreme braking power, but could brake well with aforementioned mods. Your very good at reading into what isn't there. With a stripped out chassis, the simple upgrades I mentioned above, that would be a fine braking set up for an weekend racer, but that isn't the case now is it :cool:
The first thing i was getting at is comparing a bad maintained setup to a well maintained one. Apples to oranges. I'm not acting like you or anyone doesn't know anything, you're right about tires but i spoke about brakes. Those small, weak caliper brakes suck (from experience) a simple ex upgrade is a whole world of a difference with the same tires on both setups. I don't know a single autox or circuit enthusiast who sticks with the small brakes. Just like you mentioned having one part that doesn't match up with the rest of the setup kills it....having sticky tires, light wheels, with higher corner entry speed, warrants better performing brakes. I said the whole "supreme breaking power" as an exaggeration, just meaning they aren't worth the time if you want performance. They are the ultimate economy version for a civic, which can be made better like you said, but they still won't be that great. Their greatest contribution is fitting behind the hx wheel.