TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why's that? How much lol

Sent from my Nexus 7

Because I want to buy an e36. Idk probably more than you'll wanna spend.

Buy my gsr too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop lol. I have no money. I could probably get $2500 for mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put almost 400 miles onto the been clutch so far and it feels great.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
I put a new exedy clutch in my car and it's loud as f**k. I've read about others having the same problem. Mechanically it's fine, just annoying

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I put a new exedy clutch in my car and it's loud as f**k. I've read about others having the same problem. Mechanically it's fine, just annoying
Really? Did you get grease or oil on the pads or touch them with your fingers? That well create chatter. Mines super quiet. What kind of noise does it make?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really? Did you get grease or oil on the pads or touch them with your fingers? That well create chatter. Mines super quiet. What kind of noise does it make?

Sent from my Nexus 7
It makes a really loud rubbing noise. Say I'm cruising in 1st or 2nd around a parking lot and I let off the throttle it sounds like it's rubbing and and actually jerks the car somewhat. That's the main problem I have. Other than that it's great. I didn't install the clutch but I know someone reputable who has done many swaps etc who put it in for me

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It makes a really loud rubbing noise. Say I'm cruising in 1st or 2nd around a parking lot and I let off the throttle it sounds like it's rubbing and and actually jerks the car somewhat. That's the main problem I have. Other than that it's great. I didn't install the clutch but I know someone reputable who has done many swaps etc who put it in for me
My car jerks in first and second when let off or an going too slow but I think that's transmission wise. It's possibly your input shaft bearing. The slow speeds cause the noise to be apparent and fnen when you get on the gas it spins faster so if goes away.

Sent from my Nexus 7

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
havent been on in a while, u the resident mechanic on here now jared haha

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
havent been on in a while, u the resident mechanic on here now jared haha
Haha I wouldn't say that, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can. The more I get dirty with cars, the more I enjoy it. I just replaced my brothers clutch and a knuckle, as well as installed a new header and downpipe for him.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Painted my nasty ac and radiator brackets.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good! If you plan on keeping that header, get some of that high temp paint and coat it black. Looks better than rust color haha.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good! If you plan on keeping that header, get some of that high temp paint and coat it black. Looks better than rust color haha.
I'm considering this with a new exhaust header gasket since I'm gonna get new gaskets for the whole exhaust and eventually get it refitted. Something is happening this weekend that I have been waiting since I got the car to happen so I'll update then.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Update.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Today in class, we had to perform compression tests and leak down tests. I chose to pull my car in because I was curious to see the results. I'm currently at 192,xxx miles on the clock, and my motor scored less than 10% leakage in all cylinders.

For the compression test:
Dry
Cyl 1 = 185
Cyl 2 = 175
Cyl 3 = 160
Cyl 4 = 190

Wet
Cyl 1 = 205
Cyl 2 = 200
Cyl 3 = 190
Cyl 4 = 230

Seems that the motor still has life left in its old days. Over the summer, I wanna replace the timing belt and water pump.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good numbers and the rims dont look to bad. Wasnt one cracked?