96 lower control arm rremoval

sborsey

Hey guys it's my first time removing a control arm.

Hit a snag. Got all the bolts off. I'm correct in assuming the control arm from the wheel hub seperates from the tbone looking part its bolts go into? Cause it's just the straight metal piece I believe I need.

2nd question is the connection to the wheel hub. Took the nut off but can't seem to figure out how to remove it from there right on the left side of the control arm.

Attachments

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ball joint seperator and a big f**king hammer.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think u can rent a balljoint tool from autozone or oreillys

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correct, you can rent the tool.

Please tell me you aren't laying under that with that wheel as a sketchy ass jack stand. I have no clue how junk yards get away with hazards like that.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Instead of busting up your lower ball joint with a separator, put the castle nut back on just enough to cover the lower end of the bolt, and use the big hammer and hit the side of the LCA to separate it from the knuckle. In order to get that front LCA out though, you will need to drop the entire piece with the "tbone looking part" attached to it, and THEN remove the LCA because that bolt you see sticking out, is a part of the rear section and the LCA needs to slide forward.