96 Wiring for Auto to Manual

TypeRR

5+ Year Member
beens searching through diffrent sites looking for the wiring part on the Auto to manual swap. Ive got the pedals in and clutch master cylinder ect in. but cant get the wiring setup my key wont start it unless its in park if yall have any good sites i would really appreciate it thanks

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look in the how to's thats where I got my info!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now this is pretty easy, but then again i love electrical. But all you need to do is connect 5 wires total. One of the plugs that you disconnected from the auto shifter is a 14P plug. Cut the plug off. Your going to have a 2 thick blk wires and 1 blk/blu wire, Solder those 3 together. Those together lets your car think its in park and releases the key and starts your car. Important

Next there is a yel/red wire and a grn/blk wire. Doesnt matter what way they go they do the same. These are for your reverse lights. Connect some line to them and run it through the firewall to your reverse light switch. And your set.

brooksto

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to get the key out, cut the auto shifter off, and from the remaining wires connect the black wire to the green wire with a white stripe. Did the auto to manual many years ago on my 96, if you have anymore questions pm me