96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it actually leaking brake fluid anywhere? If air is getting in, it should be leaking. If there is air in the system but it's not leaking, the lines might be ok and there just might be a bunch of air stuck somewhere in the system. Did you replace the master cylinder? If so, did you bench bleed it? My guess would be that if everything seems solid and there are no leaks whatsoever, there might be air trapped in the master cylinder. I would also try to manually bleed each corner if you think the air bleeder you are using isn't doing a good job.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, you both, civexspeedy & tig bitties, are correct yet again. I made the flares too thin on my brake lines and there wasn't enough "meat" left to crush to get a good seal. I also completely FUBAR my prop valve due to unseen trash in the threads, and completely crushing a valve due to a s***ty made flare. I decided to research more in the mechanics of flare fittings and everything affromentioned from you both is 100% correct, thank you for the information and support. The flares were also visibly leaking and with vacuum applied i heard them sucking air.

Fubar threads

Fubar flare

I guess progress will be at a standstill for now as I pay bills and save cash. I'm just going to replace all my hardlines and get a new prop valve OEM from from majestic and be done with it. So I'll be saving again for a while lol.

Thanks everyone again for your input and help, it really is a good community here and I take that for granted sometimes.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, you both, civexspeedy & tig bitties, are correct yet again. I made the flares too thin on my brake lines and there wasn't enough "meat" left to crush to get a good seal. I also completely FUBAR my prop valve due to unseen trash in the threads, and completely crushing a valve due to a s***ty made flare. I decided to research more in the mechanics of flare fittings and everything affromentioned from you both is 100% correct, thank you for the information and support. The flares were also visibly leaking and with vacuum applied i heard them sucking air.

Fubar threads

Fubar flare

I guess progress will be at a standstill for now as I pay bills and save cash. I'm just going to replace all my hardlines and get a new prop valve OEM from from majestic and be done with it. So I'll be saving again for a while lol.

Thanks everyone again for your input and help, it really is a good community here and I take that for granted sometimes.

We just don't want to see you get hurt or killed, Brakes and steering are to components you can't have fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
While I have some down time today I'm going to go to the salvage yard I frequently visit and take a closer look at this K24 long block he has, it's only 600$ for it and I think its either a K24A1 or K24A4

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yeah, I need help figuring out what offset to get in a 15x7 wheel, I'll be running 205/50/15 S drives again more than likely. I can't decide between getting +25 or +30 offset, so any pictures or opinions are more than welcome to help me figure it out. Thanks guys!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I enjoy more of an early 2000's tucked look so i would go after the +30

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't think that would be too much poke?

25 on a 7 isn't much at all. It will be slightly sunk in. But it won't poke.

5mm isn't that much of a difference and wider will handle better

Last edited:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I enjoy more of an early 2000's tucked look so i would go after the +30
I hear yah, I really enjoyed how my 15x7 +38 kosei fitment was before, it had that classic tucked look you describe, but the next set of kosei k1s I'm ordering are going to be the miata spec, and they are lower offset options, I can't decide between +30 or +25! Lol

25 on a 7 isn't much at all. It will be slightly sunk in. But it won't poke.

5mm isn't that much of a difference and wider will handle better

Okay cool, I'm just worried it might be a little too aggressive for the fact I got behind this Jetta one night on my way home from work, and he looked like had super low offset skinny wheels and it looked really gross from the rear lol, you know what I mean?

But this one silver ek hatch I see online that's track spec modded, has black 15x7 +25 team dynamics wheels and they look pretty good. Plus I'll be setting my height at the spoon recommended height that child shared with us in his thread, so it won't tuck tire. I'll post a pic of the hatch I'm referring to..

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know what size tire, but those are 15x7 +25 team dynamics wheels, it looks like he lightly pulled the fenders too.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd do +30 unless, like you said, you want to pull the fenders out rather than just rolling them a good bit.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay cool, yeah they are already rolled flat, I went back over them hard core one day when I was bored. I accidently put little tiny demples in the quarter at the edge of the lip but they aren't noticeable unless your looking for them.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go 30 but a 25 wouldn't be much harder to fit. I think it would fit with a roll only

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also, I'm just going to try and re flare my lines, after a cool head and re thinking it through, I'm just going to order a new prop valve and try to fix the lines before making new ones since I already routed and installed them before I put the suspension/brakes in when it was easier. Also ordering EM1 e brake cables and a new hood latch cable!! :rolf: