96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Getting some things worked on, having it torn down for winter in hopes of b16 swap in spring.
Hell yeah. :thumbup:

Awesome seat. You look about 18years old.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad you didn't part it out. Looking forward to that swap come springtime.

Bergi85

Looks good as always man. Glad to hear you didn't part out the car......or did you, it's been a month now. Anyways, I have to fix some bushings of some sort, every time I turn the wheel I get a squeaking sound from my front drivers side suspension. But it is too cold to do anything with it right now. This morning it was 7 degrees!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dang that sucks. Nah I didn't part the whole car out, I sold my coilovers and got s*** on cause the other guy was suppose to give me his stock suspension. But when he showed up and I started taking parts off it was ebay coilover sleeves on blown shocks. Then I broke a rear suspension bolt head off and was so pissed, I just took his money for them and sent him home. Then I bought that bucket seat and got the bumper painted and what not. Oh and I sold the wheels and tires so I have to get ones now too, But i still have steelies I painted white and I'm waiting on getting my rocker panels and rear bumper re sprayed. And that's where I'm at about now. :D

Bergi85

Man that sucks about the stock suspension! It is hard to buy used parts for our cars, there is way too much fake s**t out there that people are trying to pass off as real. On a good note, I picked up a K24A2..........it just happen to come with a 2006 Acura TSX body, and it is awesome! Black on black...mmmmmm

DC_EIRE

After sitting here for the last few hours reading the WHOLE thread! Since i was so into reading the thread and i didnt move i need a piss so bad! I love the ek man! Your and childs have finally given me the push to stop being lazy and just get some work done! Subscribed!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, thanks a lot man I really appreciate that! I needed a bit more motivation to get this thing moving again.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tiny update, yesterday I traded my eBay duckbill to a friend for his OEM DX wing wih third brake light! WIN!!!!

It was very filthy and had one little dent in the top the size of my pinky nail, so to cure boredom I sanded it down to metal and filled it with JB weld.

Then after I let it sit over night, I got up this morning and cut it down with 220, then primered and wet sanded it with 400 untill perfect.

Now I don't have anything to work on that moment lol. I'll have it color matched along with my rocker panels and rear bumper when I get them resprayed. I'm waiting on ordering a set of Inline four spoon replica blue glass side mirrors and color matching them as well.

That's where it's at as of now, thanks for checking in :rolf:

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup ...........keep up the work ill be back soon hopefully in a 96 4 door

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should have definitely kept the wheels I still have your car as a screen saver with them from when you first put them on....lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh man, I know, but i was trying to sell everything lol.

Alrighty update time! =)

Got my inline four spoon replica mirrors with blue tinted vision glass! Quality is awesome!! Now I can get everything color matched in a few days!
Got a free license plate frame too

These are really awesome for the price, I'm stoked!

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was so close to ordering those same ones. For the price, you can't go wrong.

I was just worried about the fitment and quality.. How do you like them?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spoon replica mirrors!

In all seriousness though, fitment is usually fine, only issues with the glass staying in place in some cases, which is usually fixed by remounting the glass with more 3M adhesive of some sort