97 civic: car wont start

jackphiho

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, I got a 97 civic auto, my car wont start, well heres what happened.

The ignition key broke in half and I decided to changed the steering column with ignition switch and key (bought another one). I tried to put everything back and start the car, it won't start. The headlight is working, the door keep beeping with no dashboard light, no crank noise, plus the battery is dead, so I replaced with another battery and it doesn't work either. I also double check the fuse under the hood and dash. Everything seems fine. I also re-use the old ignition switch but theres no dash light or what so ever.

I also tried to put the old ignition key and everything back still not working. So I gave the old ignition to my brother to weld it, it melted and he lost it.

What is the best way or another way to check or to start the car or get some dashboard light?

I need help.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe your dimmer switch is no good anymore

dhatch1

my car would not start and it turned out to be the ignition coil and the igniter and the car. once i replaced those it started right up so you might start there.

jackphiho

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where is the igniter located at?

RonJ

Banned
The starter fails to crank the engine when the key is turned to ON(III), right? If so, check whether 40A hood fuse 42 is blown.

jackphiho

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank you, i did checked the fuse again, now i noticed that its blown. so i took off the front plastic fuse 40a cover and reconnect them by using a flathead screw driver to reconnect both of the metal edge together and it works...

it took me months to figure this out...thanks gotta sell the car now.