97 Civic Cigarette Lighter Wiring Issue

David St. Pierre

Hello everyone, I just got my sub and amp installed in my 97' Civic and I wanted to use the cigarette lighter for my phone as my current deck doesn't have an aux port. When I looked around for the cigarette lighter all I found was a hole in the front plastic. I have a socket and everything (that was left in the glovebox) but I don't see any wires going to the hole in the plastic. I found out which fuse it is and everything but I don't know the wire colour, which harness it's coming from, or if I even still have that wire there. Any help would be much appreciated!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Download a shop manual online for your car. It will have pin outs and wire diagrams in it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have you removed the plastic and tried to look for the plug? I bet it's there, just hard to see with all the plastic parts in the way. I remember when my adapter came loose, I unplugged it to see how to tighten it, and the plug slipped down.. had to remove all the plastic panels just to get to it

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As xplod3r said, make sure to remove the panel to have a clear view of where the harness should be. You may get lucky and feel for it if your hand fits through the rear of it. Its higly unlikely that its been removed being that theres no real reason to do so. Thats not to say that some previous fool didnt cut it to power something else instead of just tapping into the line.