97 Civic DX! What can i do??? Ideas!

jdm6thGen

new to the car game and learning everyday. I juss got a 97 Civic DX w/manual trans for my second car :D its a d16y7 engine. ( totaled my 91 Prelude, my first car ) and i was wondering what should i do first to have a good handling and clean running ride? In the future i want to upgrade to a vtec engine or swap with a b18 engine.....Until then i just want to do the basics to my ride to get a good clean running car. so wusup CC let me know

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha i can predict what everyone will say. rims. exhuaust. lower. lip. some people fogs. do a system too =) you listen to music when you drive almost the whole time probably

jdm6thGen

lol ok yeah i can predict that too i was looking for more insight on basics to the engine to make it run and handle smooth. Then on to the Cosmetics

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what i figured. i have a y7 and from what i think. the only way to get any power of it is to boost. you can get a little bit from exhaust intake and such but the engine is weak. ha weak enough i hate to merge. come on people. say something to help him out and ill take some ideas to.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you wanna get huge power get a 3As muffler and a big wing and body kit and some nice chrome rims! and most of all. spray can the whole car primer or flat black! please dont do this. i dont want to lead someone to gayness

Bliss88

I reckon upgrade the air intake pipe and filter, drop a b series engine in it and then boost, or boost the current engine and change the exhaust system. you may want to add a growl, civics sound so damn fine with sports mufflers

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get nice coilovers. upgrade your suspension peices for better handling. dont go cheap though or it will handle worse

HondaKidd

5+ Year Member
Y8 intake mani and injectors. The mani will allow you to have a regular intake instead of the throttlebody sticking out of the top. Y7 injectors are 140 i believe?

civic0918

Registered VIP
I can help

First get 17's with a 205 40 tire the black headlights are nice and cheap by some eibach sportlines its a 1.8 inch drop. With 17s you will not only sit low but have no gap in wheel and fender.Then the rest is all about your style. I personly like it clean not a lot of decals. Oh yeah get some eyebrows they are like $15 and a grill type r style they about $30. Keep intouch i just bought my girl a 97 civic and we are modifying it also.

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hes looking to get his current setup running clean.... not dumping $$$ in a k right away. depending on you mileage i would start with basic timing belt replacement and valve adjustment. you will pick up quite a bit of lost power, not to mention fuel economy.

civic0918

Registered VIP
lowered

I got my rear lowered today gonna do front on tuesday it looks great ill mail you pics if ya want so you have an idea i have no gap at all cant even get a finger in there stock struts blew right away lol ill get good ones in a bit though so no biggie.

civic0918

Registered VIP
your crazy

i have a 97dx that i did a mini-me swap with. dropped it 4" and on 17s. gunmetal headlight housing, hids, LS integra exhaust, GReddy header, pwjdm whale penis intake...oh hell see my thread.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=152045
4inches with 17s i dont see that i have 17s with a 1.8 inch drop and couldnt even slid a piece of paper in between the fender and tire i wanna see a pic. 4 inches lol they dont even make that kit.....

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4inches with 17s i dont see that i have 17s with a 1.8 inch drop and couldnt even slid a piece of paper in between the fender and tire i wanna see a pic. 4 inches lol they dont even make that kit.....
the pictures are in the link i posted...........