97 cvic hatchback NOS nitrous

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
97 civic hatchback NOS nitrous

Anyone know if a stock engine can be equipped with nitrous?
Also if done, would it really make it that much faster?

Also its a automatic transmission.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont do nitrous unless you want to blow yourself up, literally. If you really want to go nitrous you have to build your engine, so might as well go boost if your building it. But the fact its an automatic kills everything. save up, buy a 5spd and daily drive the auto.

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont do nitrous unless you want to blow yourself up, literally. If you really want to go nitrous you have to build your engine, so might as well go boost if your building it. But the fact its an automatic kills everything. save up, buy a 5spd and daily drive the auto.
i completly disagree with that. oc_civic is running nitrous and dont qoute me on this but i dont think he has very many mods. it will not blow it up if you dont do that much. but yes i do agree that auto does kill it.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i completly disagree with that. oc_civic is running nitrous and dont qoute me on this but i dont think he has very many mods. it will not blow it up if you dont do that much. but yes i do agree that auto does kill it.
5+ years.. 1000+ pounds of nitrous.. stock internals...

ive broken a few trannies.. and i THINK i finally hurt my block.. but i beat the s**t out of the car....
ANY power adder can hurt the car over time.. i dont think my brake is even related to the juice
your auto tranny is the weak link.. if you want some decent power and longevity id ditch that auto tranny.. its a HUGE liability

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Just make sure if it catches on fire...that you run away screaming.... "NAWS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont waste your money man
nitrous and waste of money dont go in the same sentence ... it is the cheapest power adder there is hands down.

people who break things when running nitrous have either been running for a while - or abusing the piss out of it, or dont know what they are doing.

do some research - as said above the weak point for your car is the auto tranny - it will crap out before the motor will, and good luck :thumbs up

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've juiced the piss out of my stock internal B16 and it's fine (did a compression test recently). Your problem will be the auto tranny. It's a well known fact that the Honda auto trannies are not made to withstand significant power increases.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So is an auto tranny good if there are no power adders and it is driven normally?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nitrous and waste of money dont go in the same sentence ... it is the cheapest power adder there is hands down.

people who break things when running nitrous have either been running for a while - or abusing the piss out of it, or dont know what they are doing.

do some research - as said above the weak point for your car is the auto tranny - it will crap out before the motor will, and good luck :thumbs up
where in my sentence did i state, nitrous and waste of money

however it is because if you dont do anything to make your car nitrous safe like changing the plugs and other misc things plus its a stock auto motor squeezing in all 5 gears you'd be able to keep up with a b16 at best, thats a waste of money for killing your car to keep up with a b16

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where in my sentence did i state, nitrous and waste of money

however it is because if you dont do anything to make your car nitrous safe like changing the plugs and other misc things plus its a stock auto motor squeezing in all 5 gears you'd be able to keep up with a b16 at best, thats a waste of money for killing your car to keep up with a b16
I agree with you on the fact that its not worth it if he is trying to hang with a b16 - but he didnt give us a goal except "faster" so the answer is yes, nothing else he does that motor for that cost will net him the same gains and it can be safe. again the auto tranny is the limiter here.

depending on how fast he wants to go will decided if its a waste of money or not in the end =)

as for the waste of money statement - I highly doubt you were telling him not to waste his money on the header or turbo he wasnt talking about =)

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u can run nitrous on pretty much anything just need a good tune and kno wat ur doing

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Dont know specs, I just wanted to get up and go faster, as in the start line or green lights and reach top speed faster

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
People who say that nitrous kills engines, look at fast and the furious to much. I have been doing research and the fact is that nitrous is just as safe as a turbo or supercharger. What kills engines is pushing it beyond it's limits.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So can you use a super charger or a turbo charger on an automatic?
=) I am in the same boat. Most people I talk to say that for less headaches you should lose the auto. So I am saving up for a conversion.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
=) I am in the same boat. Most people I talk to say that for less headaches you should lose the auto. So I am saving up for a conversion.
that right there is what you need to do... OR if you have nto done much yet sell it and pick up a manual