97 EK Clock wiring

Sparky94

So I bought an amber clock for my car. Came with the pigtails. I've searched what wires connect to what on my stereo. I'll attach a picture of the post I used.

My problem is I don't have an orange wire on my stereo harness to connect to the dimmer on the clock, does anybody know what wire I can use instead?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally did not connect my dimmer due to the fact that I cant see dead s**t during the day at dusk, it just wasnt bright enough. So just connected it to yellow on the radio instead.

Sparky94

So you connected battery (white & blue) and dimmer (red & black) from the clock to battery (yellow) on the radio? Or just didn't connect the dimmer to anything?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just looked again, I just connected red and black on the clock and connected to the red and black on the radio so that as long as I have the key turned to ACC, which still keeps the radio on, the clock will also stay on at full brightness with conjunction of the radio.

What if im just sitting in my car listening to the radio and need to know the time? TADA! clock is still on.

Sparky94

I just looked again, I just connected red and black on the clock and connected to the red and black on the radio so that as long as I have the key turned to ACC, which still keeps the radio on, the clock will also stay on at full brightness with conjunction of the radio.

What if im just sitting in my car listening to the radio and need to know the time? TADA! clock is still on.

Got it wired up and working. I just didn't bother connecting the dimmer wire. Thanks for your help!