97 ex catalytic

willystheory

So my cat is shot. Replacing soon. Wondering what price range would be appropriate? I have some places asking between 700-900 because it's the whole manifold or something that needs to be replaced. While others are asking 250-350. I'm no motor head but I am learning. To me from what I've read and heard from some is that the 250-350 range is the logical choice. Am I right our Nieve?

cuetip

Registered VIP
mine is the same way on my 99 if u have to go through the smog check bull s**t like in cali, i would go get some after market headers to get rid of the cat, or get headers and buy a cat u can add to the end of the headers before you have someone weld it to your exhaust.. but that seams very expensive, for me i had 2.25" piping all the way through the car for 110 bucks and i still have my cat on even after 265k miles later

kozy6871

So my cat is shot. Replacing soon. Wondering what price range would be appropriate? I have some places asking between 700-900 because it's the whole manifold or something that needs to be replaced. While others are asking 250-350. I'm no motor head but I am learning. To me from what I've read and heard from some is that the 250-350 range is the logical choice. Am I right our Nieve?
I just recently replaced my entire exhaust for the same reason. Well, almost, I had a cracked manifold. I had it welded, and it lasted almost 2 years before it developed a new crack. I replaced mine with an exhaust from an 1995 EG. The only thing I haven't done yet is weld a bung for the second O2 sensor after the cat. I bought the entire system, manifold and cat, for $200, about the price of a really cheap replacement manifold/cat.

willystheory

I don't have the manifold.. Headers, pipe, cat, pipe, silencer, pipe, muffler, pipe.

Thinking it's better to replace whole exhaust for barely more than what I'm already looking at paying for just a cat and install.