97 ex rear disc

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey i have a 97 ex b16a swap and now i am doin a rear disc conversion.... i have searched and read a lot of the post on the parts list and everything but still a little unsure on a few thnigs. i got the arms and everything complete with the e brake cables from a 95 gsr... and i don't have abs so i don't need to worry about the wiring right?.. 2nd the e brake cables... can i use the ones that came on them from the gsr or do i need to get the 99 si cables? the bushing that always cracks at the one end with the rod thing through it that pretty much holds most of the arm... just order ones for a gsr or can i just buy any for a civic and press the old one out and new in? ,... thanks a ton !

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1) You can just remove any ABS components from the trailing arms.

2) If the cables came from a 4dr integra, you'll be just fine. I have yet to confirm the 2dr cables, they MIGHT come up short.

3) The bushing you are referring to are called trailing arm bushings. They can be found at either Honda or Acura, they are the same part #: 52385-SR3-000, about $63 each.

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok thanks thats a big help... and what about the brake lines themself? will they just screw in or do i need to get new lines that are on the traling arm itself

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
brake lines should be fine and 2dr e-brake cables will not work from what I've read. I also have read that the LCA's are a different length and you need to reuse the civic LCA's.

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was looking and drilled rotors and i have something to add and ask about haha.... sense i have ex rotors in the front and soon gsr in rear... how do i buy rotors for my car now.... lol buy 2 front ex and 2 gsrs for the rear or what? i know dumb question but i just want to be sure what to do and all... thanks

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol
just buy rotors for whatever car you're brakes are from.

-Luke

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so get the gsr rear rotors and the civic ex rotors for the front ?>

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you are running ex front brakes, get rotors for a civic ex front.
if you are running gsr rear disk brakes. get rotors for the rear of an integra

-Luke

jdmrascal

5+ Year Member

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i will just get the ones for the dc teg and then those will bolt right up correct?