97 to 00 sedan conversion

97-Sedan

hello guys names dannys. new to the sedan game. i had a few quick questions about the 2000 front end conversion. is probably stupid to ask but does the coupe parts fit on the sedan or do i need to get the sedan hood,lights,grill, and fenders? another thing if i do need to the sedan parts can i use the SI grill? i would like to have the SI grill with the "H" emblem. thanks in advance to all u guys. first time owning this GEN civic i use to have a Ep3 so im more familiar with the K-series so ill soon building a K motor for this :lol: thanks again.

DannY

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as the front end goes, everything 99-00 is the same, so yes it'll work no matter coupe, sedan, or hatch

JaredB

5+ Year Member
The best way to remember is ;

Everything 96-98 is the same, Hatch, Coupe, and Sedan all have the exact same front end, so all the different model's front ends are interchangable.

Same for the 99-00 front ends. All the same.

Nothing for the 96-98 will fit on a 99-00 front end however. So as long as all the parts are 99-00 you're fine.

I do know also that the rear bumpers are interchangable, and the 99-00 Sedan Tail Lights will fit a 96-98 Sedan.

Hope this helps.

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
correct me if im wrong but i think the fenders are a lil diff

JaredB

5+ Year Member
wrong. i tried this. the lights will not fit.
Mostly. "Sedan taillights are interchangeable on the outer sections (though the wire harnesses are different). The inner sections require a trunk lid swap if you wish to change the inner taillight sections. This also requires splicing of wires for the taillight wiring into the trunk lid."

correct me if im wrong but i think the fenders are a lil diff
Between what and what?