98 4dr Daily - Cheapo Paint Job

WBJ

Registered VIP
i like them was thinking about buying the ones from the jy they cant want to much ill just say dude there on a 87 crx there nothing special.
For real. They are kind of heavy but work great for a daily.

Brando312

5+ Year Member
Loving the Star Wars pictures haha.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
how did you do all the curves and stuff of the bumper? I was thinking of doing this but had no idea how you would roll a lip kit or get inbetween the rolls of the bumper. It looks great man,

I have 3 cans of rustoleum satin black that have just been sitting in my garage because I haven't been able to get a compressor, how much paint did you have to use? I think I have enamel based though

WBJ

Registered VIP
how did you do all the curves and stuff of the bumper? I was thinking of doing this but had no idea how you would roll a lip kit or get inbetween the rolls of the bumper. It looks great man,

I have 3 cans of rustoleum satin black that have just been sitting in my garage because I haven't been able to get a compressor, how much paint did you have to use? I think I have enamel based though

I used a high density foam roller found at any home improvement store...Lowes, Home Depot and yes even WalMart (I try not to shop there as often as possible though).

/\ Like that.

I used a 6in roller and an 4in roller for the smaller parts or hard to reach areas that the 6in wouldnt get to.

I ended up using 1 1/2 cans of Rustoleum. But keep in mind that I did a 50/50 mix with mineral spirits. This will lay on thin coats but it helps. Most people will go to 7-10 coats before being "done"... as mentioned before I stopped at 6 due to time constraints.