98 civic ex problems!!

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Damn. Yeah these cars are crazy expensive to go fast in lol... What r your reccomendations on handling and suspension? I want it low. But not a harsh ride.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Save for Coilovers. My top three:
1-Koni/Ground Control
2-Tein
3-Progress

Koni/gc is pricey but easily worth it
Tein are nice but pricey. Questionable on worth it
Progress are the perfect balance of price and quality. Last time I heard they were super back ordered.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
How about sway bars after coilovers to help with handling. What else can I do?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Sway bars, subframe reinforcement, tie bar, hardened bushings. Let me think for a few. After coils immediately get camber kits and have it aligned

JeffBel

Registered VIP
You might not notice the difference much with daily driving, but on the track you would.

I've heard plenty good and plenty bad with Skunk2, Junk2 to some.

One of my absolute favorite things out now is the Hardrace or Fullrace(can't remember) front traction bar. It has another motor mount incorporated.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Energy suspension bushings are great. I have the master kit on my car and I can't complain. Much better over 19yo bushings

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Sweet man. I'm gonna pick those up asap. I just need a good dd while I build a motor up. What would you put into a civic ex coupe? Thinking about the b16 but keep looking at the b18s.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Depends on what you find. I've had an h22, b16b and b18A/Bs. Vtec is easily the most fun but a turbo build is where it's at

JeffBel

Registered VIP
I have the b16b now and it is by far my favorite. Amazing motor but they carry a hefty price tag. Fortunately I got mine for a steal. If I was to do it again, without the ctr, I'd be Gsr boosted or Ls/vtec boosted.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Damn... Let me know when you sell that ctr motor.. LOL! What's the going rate on those and if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Damn... Let me know when you sell that ctr motor.. LOL! What's the going rate on those and if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours?
I usually see them between 3800-5000. I got mine for dirt from a friend. He seriously bought the whole engine just for the cams and tranny. But he failed to mention the cams to me. He finally told me when I paid him off. Sucks but I still got an amazing deal. The headers and exhaust he gave me are worth double what I paid

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Jesus... You really need to hook a bro up when you see a sweet engine around. Where's the best place to find a b16b or b18c?