98 civic HX build! (not much so far)

civickid94

Alright so here's my 98 civic HX that i picked up for 2000 in November, with 177k miles. everything on it is stock/original, and the original owner had taken great care of it.

The first thing I did was find a set of HX wheels, and painted them flat black with the lip. I think they turned out alright.

Picked up some Tamiya Color ps-31 smoke paint at the local hobby shop in order to smoke the tails... first attemp = not so great :/ here's what it looked like

...second attempt was Much better, here it is

Somewhere along the line I removed the 'civic' and 'hx' badges with a heatgun and 3m adhesive remover.

Ordered an OEM style spoiler off of ebay and painted it at my friend's dad's shop (call me a ricer, I know...)

At this point I was getting tired of the stock sound, so I ordered a cheap ebay axleback. To my surprise, it isn't loud at all and offers a low deep tone.

plus it looked Wayyy better than stock ;)

30$ Mugen replica lip off of ebay... rattle canned it with duplicolor r81 perfect match and krylon clearcoat. Looks decent in my opinion...the car was dirty and the lip wasn't, so it looks a tad off. But here

Invested a lot of money into my stereo system as well (i'm into that sort of thing)

Here's what it looks like, for the time being! Let me know what you guys think, and I'm obviously open to suggestions! DDM Tuning hids, fogs, and a badgeless grill are all on the way, as well as possibly some different headlights. And as soon as I save enough for it, shocks and springs too.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, why not just take the taillights out to paint them.

emerican

Registered VIP
you should do the black housed headlights itd look good
also im closing your other thread since you are just going to use this one.

civickid94

Just ordered some new stuff. Type R black housed headlights, 8k DDM tuning hi/lo HIDs, Mesh grille, and cheap 4-2-1 headers to experiment with. Will post pics and stuff when I get it all set up, can't wait!

civickid94

OBX Headers, probably nothing to them but I figured why not, can't hurt anything. I also have the mini-cat for the second o2 sensor.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The wheels look great.
Color match the side skirts at least, to go with the flow of the lip.
Sugar coating aside, the tails look like a toddler did them, you can tell it's sprayed on, and badly.
It's soo much less effort and easier to take the lights out, I don't know why you'd paint them on the car.

civickid94

Yeah, they look not too great in that picture. I don't see what taking them out has to do with them looking good, but I did respray them two days ago, and also put on clearcoat, and they look quite a bit better now.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't see what taking them out has to do with them looking good
It's a matter of ease, especially since taking them out is easier than masking off the car.
Also, I don't know why you'd black out your back up lights:what:

civickid94

Mr Baker, it shows through the spray on without any issue at all. It's nearly as bright as without the spray. And for CmojiHX, I'm doing looks and sound before performance. High school kid on a limited budget here haha.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Invested a lot of money into my stereo system as well (i'm into that sort of thing)
What is that monstrosity of a box on your trunk? Even if that fits in there somehow, its uselessly huge for various reason.

Also, you may have invested a lot of money into this system, but you didnt spend it on quality equipment. Soundstream in the audio world is equivalent to Hyundai in the automotive world. Hence why their style emulates Alpine amps if they were blue. You'd be better off purchasing a used Alpine amp off eBay.

civickid94

Got the new grill, headlights and fogs in. Fog relay and switch was messed up when I got it, so I had to rig up my own switch :/