98 civic lx possible fuel pump problems

groverwes

have a 98 lx, at 60 miles an hours somethinge, tack go nuts, like car has no power and not getting fuel, has stalled a couple of time, now at lower speeds with fuel tank lower (1/4) tank, and going up hill it stalls. Still have original fuel pump, 175000 miles. Any thoughts and adivice on how to change

96EJ6EX

Sounds like something from the ecu to the fuel pump is messing up.

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like a dirty fuel filter, or a problem with the pressure regulator......Start by replacing your(under hood) fuel filter....It's cheap and easy to do......Click.........

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First, check the fuel system pressure:

If you determine the pressure is lower than it should be, than before replacing anything test the fuel pressure regulator:

groverwes

changed to fuel filter a couple of weeks ago, today I did the fuel pump, still having issues, tack like to surge, so I guess I need to try pressure regulator, need to find it first, so any help is appreciated

groverwes

Ok found pressure regulator, we are any thoughts about cleaning throttle body and mass are flow sensor, also had suggested idle air sensor, I check engine light never has come on so I have no codes to research, and sometimes when the tack increaes it doesn't seem like the engine does anything different but when it drops it is like it is starving for fuel, again any help is appreciated

groverwes

First, check the fuel system pressure:

If you determine the pressure is lower than it should be, than before replacing anything test the fuel pressure regulator:

I changed to fuel pump, still doing same thing not as bad, thinking about trying pressure regulator, do you have any thoughts on it possilbly being map sensor, cleaning thottle bottle or possible the idle air sensor, have had these suggested, wanted another opinion

Jdmcris88

96. Honda civic

Ok so I have a 1996 Honda civic and I was driving it the day before yesterday and after I parked it I didn't drive it yesterday and today I went to turn it on at 6am and nothing the car cranks and turns over has power and spark but when I turn the key to turn on the car I don't hear my injectors prime or anything this is my daily driven car and never had a problem other than this any suggestions pls let me know or the cheapest way to check the fuel filter and fuel pump