98 civic passenger door noise

monstruo15

Hey guys im new to cars i wanted to ask about this and see if ya can help me out.
My passenger door on my civic makes a noise every time i open it and it also makes weird noises while im driving as well. I thought that maybe the door hinges were dry or something so i sprayed a little of DW40 to see if the noise would go away and it has not. Does anybody have any ideas on what it could be and how i can fix it.
The car is a 1998 honda civic ex coupe. thanks.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Something probably needs greased or wd40'd that you didnt hit.

CO671

Registered VIP
Get a strong silicone spray instead, wd40 dries after a while the silicone lubricant wont as quick. Just spray it on any moving hinges/seals. and isolate the problem from there. i had the same problem with the main hinge.

rebirth

5+ Year Member
Hey guys im new to cars i wanted to ask about this and see if ya can help me out.
My passenger door on my civic makes a noise every time i open it and it also makes weird noises while im driving as well. I thought that maybe the door hinges were dry or something so i sprayed a little of DW40 to see if the noise would go away and it has not. Does anybody have any ideas on what it could be and how i can fix it.
The car is a 1998 honda civic ex coupe. thanks.

HAHA It's funny I was just about to post about my doors and saw yours. I usually spray Wd40 on the movable parts. The sliding part that slides inside and out of the door, and also the hinge near the fender. It will go away but eventually come back. There has to be something better than Wd40 though for long term. The creaking is like Halloween everyday.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a strong silicone spray instead, wd40 dries after a while the silicone lubricant wont as quick. Just spray it on any moving hinges/seals. and isolate the problem from there. i had the same problem with the main hinge.
When you spray the hinges, also spray the part of the door hinge that goes into the door itself as thats the part that rubs metal on metal if it lacks grease. And if thats the case, you'll eventually need to grease it inside by removing the door panel. Check the bolts too.