98 Civic Shakes (45+MPH)

0mar

What's going on CC? I need some help. I drive a 98 Civic, and recently my car has been shaking whenever I go 45+mph (the faster I go, the more it shakes). The front of the car shakes (not my steering wheel) and the shaking stops when I let go of the accelerator. I have 2 new front tires, rear tires are good (all balanced). I thought it was the inner/outer tie rods, so I replaced em with new ones, and got the car aligned, but the shaking still occurs. Mechanic say the CV Joints and Wheel Bearings look good. What else can it be? Ball-joints, motor mounts? Please help, it's driving me crazy. Thanks in advance. -Omar

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It could be many things honestly. Check your motor mounts, check the CV joints and look for rips in the boots or grease leaking around the joints. It could also be a worn /bad axle.

0mar

It could be many things honestly. Check your motor mounts, check the CV joints and look for rips in the boots or grease leaking around the joints. It could also be a worn /bad axle.
Thank you, my passenger inner CV Joint was shot and the grease was on the tranny. I replaced both CV Axles and got it aligned. Cars riding brand new.